Beau.

I go through phases of thinking [name]Beau[/name] is a handsome, rich, classic, manly name, to finding it very juvenile, tacky and unusable.

What do Berries think of [name]Beau[/name]?

I’m currently crushing on it and considering re-adding it to my list, but I’m just not so sure. I also think its a little incomplete but I really opposed to any of the longer versions I’ve found.

[name]Do[/name] you think [name]Beau[/name] is usable, or silly? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I like [name]Beau[/name] just fine on it’s own. I don’t really like the longer version. I think it has a handsome sound and I don’t find it juvenile at all.

I have a cousin who named one of her twins [name]Beau[/name]. (His brother is [name]Lee[/name]–she has a very specific style: short, powerful, no-nonsense.) He has no trouble with it, and his name seems to be well-liked by both young and old, so I think it’s completely usable. Although it’s not my favorite name, I see it as handsome and manly, not silly or tacky at all.

I’m totally with you on any longer form that could lead to [name]Beau[/name] or [name]Bo[/name] as a nn. I dislike them all.

I love [name]Beau[/name] and I’d use it in a heartbeat if I ever found a middle name combo to settle on! I think its short, strong, grows well from childhood to adulthood, all around winner.

I fell in love with this name when I met a classmate with it in college. No idea whether it was his full name or not, but it always seemed just fine on its own. Very wearable and, as holbs says, ages well.

I have a similar struggle with the name [name]Beau[/name] - not sure if I think it is handsome, manly, and no-nonsense, or tacky.

I think [name]Beau[/name] is a name that could be handsome, manly, and no-nonsense on the right person. That’s the tricky part.

Great feedback so far, thanks everyone.

When I imagine what I’d like a future son of mine to be, [name]Beau[/name] works great. Intelligent, successful, mannerly, sophisticated and well spoken.*

My OH asked if I could imagine a balding old guy who had done nothing with his life called [name]Beau[/name], and I couldn’t. It didn’t sound right, if that makes sense. So I’m still not sure.

While researching famous people named [name]Beau[/name] I came across a young actor named [name]William[/name] [name]Beau[/name] Mirchoff, who goes by [name]Beau[/name]. I actually think it sounds great.

*I’d obviously still accept my kid if he weren’t intelligent, successful etc, these are just what I imagine!

[name]Beau[/name] is extremely handsome. I can’t imagine why it would sound tacky or unusable but that’s just me. :o I agree that it sounds like the name of a very intelligent, successful and handsome man. I also agree that the longer forms aren’t as attractive.

[name]Hope[/name] this helped! :slight_smile:

I love it and would consider it as a first name more but I want to use it to honour my grandparents. However, I love [name]Isaac[/name] more and that will be the name of my first son, if I have one, so it doesn’t seem right to use [name]Beau[/name] after. So it will be one of the middle names for [name]Isaac[/name].

I don’t think it’s silly at all.