Beautiful and wearable, girls name?

Good day, lads and lasses
I’m expecting a little girl soon, and I have been trying to make a list for baby right about now. Tell me what do you think about this list, because I have trouble deciding on the name, I think all names are wonderful:

Charlotte
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]

1 Like

I think they’re all great!
[name_f]My[/name_f] top 3 would be [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

Welcome to the Nameberry community!

Of your names, my favourites are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. They have some regal charm that the other names on your list don’t really have. But your style is fantastic and all the names are lovely. They all make me think of a sweet and beautiful little girl.

Beautiful list!

Charlotte is popular but elegant with understated grandeur

Isabella is frilly but strong

Helena is tough and elegant

Beatrice is lively and cheerful

Felicity is beauitful and joyous

Violet is sleek and sharp

Matilda is strong, energetic and beautiful

Emmeline is elegant and sweet

Matilda, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] are my top three

They are all very beautiful names! They are lovely, classic names, but not outdated. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

I’m going to set it up like the love, like, lose game…

Love: [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
Like: [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
Lose: [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Congrats and good luck!!

These are beautiful! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Hi there.

Here are my thoughts on the list:

Charlotte-I think that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is fine. It doesn’t sparkle for me. I appreciate that it’s a classic, but I think that it sounds a little bit heavy. And the main problem w/it is that it’s soooo over done.

Isabella-Well, this one is over done too, but it’s just very beautiful none the less. And has such cute nns of [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or Ibbi.

Helena-This is not my favorite. I don’t care for the ‘Hell’ part, & I don’t like how the pronunciation isn’t clear. Is it Hel-uh-nuh or Hel-ayne-uh? I do love the nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f] though.

Beatrice-Great choice. Classic, feminine, smart, a little quirky. Well known but pretty unique & has great nns of [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_f]Bette[/name_f] or [name_f]Bess[/name_f].

Felicity-I love this one too! It’s so cheerful & friendly & full of vintage charm. Another fairly straight forward name that’s not over done.

Violet-I like this. It’s old fashioned, sweet, smart & spunky. And has beautiful purple flower imagery. Getting kind of popular.

Matilda-I don’t mind it, but I think it sounds a little bit clunky. The nn [name_f]Millie[/name_f] is sweet.

Emmeline-I like it. It has a pleasant sound. ‘[name_f]Em[/name_f]’ names are a little over done in general.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

I absolutely love [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], it’s my current name obsession. [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] are the other ones I love from your list.

For me personally, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] are a bit over done.

Violet and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] are just gorgeous, and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] are lovely too. I don’t love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but I adore [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] if that’s an option. [name_f]My[/name_f] ultimate vote goes to [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] though; it’s spunky and has a magical storybook quality to it that’s hard to beat.

Helena!

I think if you want a name that doesn’t have a nn then [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], and [name_f]Helena[/name_f] are going to be your best bet. The other names have more common nn options, like [name_f]Vi[/name_f], [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_u]Matty[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

You can’t go wrong with these names!

Charlotte, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - classically beautiful with lots of nickname options.

Felicity - usually not my thing, but seeing in nestled here amongst your list I’m liking it more than usual! It has such an upbeat sound along with its meaning.

Violet - comes with great imagery.

Matlida - classic with a quirky twist and has a great literary namesake :slight_smile:

Emmeline - would probably be my choice. It comes with some PN challenges for others (“Is that -leen, -lin or -line like draw a line in the sand?”) but that wouldn’t put me of personally. The nickname [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is sweet.

I agree, all the names are wonderful! I can see why you’re having trouble deciding.

Charlotte - Beautiful and classic. A con could be popularity. I especially think [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a nickname is a bit overdue with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. [name_f]Lottie[/name_f], on the other hand, is stunning.

Isabella - The same as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] really. It will always be one of my favourite names but it is very popular as is [name_f]Bella[/name_f]. I do prefer [name_f]Bella[/name_f] to [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] however although both are nice. [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] has been on my list as a less popular alternative.

Helena - Again, beautiful. Not as popular either. I’ve never met one before. I do slightly prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but that’s just me.

Beatrice - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I personally prefer [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] but this is just as beautiful. [name_f]Bea[/name_f] is an adorable nickname.

Felicity - [name_f]My[/name_f] eldest’s middle name. I’m just not struck on the nickname [name_f]Flick[/name_f] (why we used it as her middle name) Fliss, Liss and Cici are lovely though. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is such a happy name to me both in sound and meaning. [name_u]Love[/name_u]!

Violet - And my eldest’s first name haha. I obviously love it and it takes the top spot for that reason. It’s always been one of my favourite names.

Matilda - I love this too. It’s on my list for baby number three if we have another girl.

Emmeline - Also on my list for baby three if another girl. A guess a con could be the pronunication issues - [name_f]Em[/name_f]-Uh-[name_f]Line[/name_f] or [name_f]Em[/name_f]-Uh-[name_f]Leen[/name_f]. I prefer the latter, like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] Pankhurst which is great namesake to have!

Felicity is so beautiful! It’s one of my favourites.

From your list [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], based on you style I recommend [name_f]Celestine[/name_f] or [name_f]Lynette[/name_f]

My favourites from your list:
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f].

Lovely list! You have a lot of lovely vintage and classic girls names here. [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites are [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]. All of them have sweet nickname options she could go by while she’s young. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favorites are [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

My granddaughter is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. I think they are beautiful together.

I like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] for the nicknames [name_f]Bea[/name_f], [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] and [name_f]Emmie[/name_f].