Beautiful or embarassing?

Everyone does love [name]Winnie[/name]-the-Pooh. Some people think pooh is cute but poo is not. I love the name [name]Winnie[/name], but when a word like pooh sounds like another word for excrement… no, you don’t see how that’s different from “explorer”? As for the flatulence explanation, I have never heard that. Step on a duck, yes, I’ve heard that. Another set of initials to watch out for is SBD. But I’ve never heard this about [name]Winnie[/name]. I can gather how it must have emerged as the term for that, now that I’ve given it a little thought on my first remarks. I don’t really know how to explain to anyone who is still lost.

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions. In lieu of all the “controversy” surrounding [name]Winnie[/name], perhaps that can just be a pet name. My husband doesn’t like it anyway. I just wanted something that my four nieces and nephews (all under the age of 6) would be able to say. [name]Gwyneth[/name], and even Gwynnie seems like a bit of a mouthful for a 4 year old.

[quote=“lyndsayjenness”]

Really? I have never, ever heard that before! What part of the world is that? Or is it universal and I just live under a rock?[/quote]

I live in New [name]England[/name]; I think it’s a [name]Maine[/name] thing. Funny, I always thought it was a pretty well-known term.