Becca vs. Rebecca part two.

So, my best friend’s expecting a baby girl in very early september (which is really soon) and she can’t choose a decent name for her child. We went on a vacation together two months ago and everything we could talk about were names and we’re still discussing names almost every day and she still can’t find a nice name she’d love.

She’s just crazy. At first, when she just found out about her pregnancy she was going to call her child [name]Joy[/name] (if it’s a girl) and [name]Francis[/name] (if it’s a boy). When the doctor confirmed it’s a girl she wanted something which means love and chose [name]Lovely[/name], really what kind of name is that? She’s changed her mind and chose [name]Grace[/name] [name]Louise[/name] everyone was cool with that except me and her husband, I love [name]Grace[/name] too much and want to call my daughter [name]Grace[/name] if I have one so I was kinds jelous, her husband hated it for some unknown reason.

Later she decided [name]Temperance[/name] nn [name]Tempie[/name] would be a perfect name for her daughter, again, her husband hated it. They agreed on [name]Angie[/name] [name]Louise[/name] and told everyone about it. We went on this vacation and she changed her mind. Since then it’s a complete disaster what concerns the baby names. Her husband loves [name]Rebecca[/name] and let her choose either MN she likes, even if a weird one in case she chooses [name]Rebecca[/name]. She loves [name]Becca[/name] though and wants to name her baby [name]Becca[/name] [name]Lux[/name] nn Bex. I have no idea what’s next but her husband begs me and her sister to convince her to choose [name]Rebecca[/name].
Her family(mom and sister) like [name]Rebecca[/name] and they’re insisting on it too. Her four year old son is [name]Alessandro[/name] [name]Andrei[/name] and [name]IMO[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] isn’t the best choice because [name]Rebecca[/name] and [name]Alessandro[/name] are way too different and don’t work together that well. But in this situation it’s the best name of all.

What do you think berries, are there any other names you think would fit the situation? Something funky and classy at the same time.
Maybe something which ends on ecca or something similar to it.

What makes a beter combination [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Lux[/name] or [name]Becca[/name] [name]Lux[/name]? And what other MN’s would work with [name]Becca[/name] as a full name.

[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Lux[/name] nn [name]Becca[/name] or Bex is ok.

Wow!
I like [name]Becca[/name] [name]Lux[/name] but seeing big bro’s name I don’t think [name]Becca[/name] or [name]Rebecca[/name] work.

What about [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lux[/name], nn Cesca “chez-ka”?
[name]Bianca[/name]/Vianca
[name]Bedelia[/name]
[name]Bellanca[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]

I agree, that neither [name]Rebecca[/name] or [name]Becca[/name] go with big brother’s name. If that doesn’t bother anyone then I think [name]Becca[/name] is the better choice!

I love [name]Rebecca[/name]! It doesn’t exactly “go” with the son’s name, but it doesn’t clash terribly. Definitely use [name]Rebecca[/name]. [name]Becca[/name] sounds like a pet name and isn’t complete for a first name.

I’d say [name]Rebecca[/name] is better than [name]Becca[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lux[/name]!

[name]Becca[/name] is a nn for [name]Rebecca[/name] so I don’t really understand why she would oppose naming her baby [name]Rebecca[/name] when [name]Becca[/name] or Bex could be equally valid nn.

[name]Rivkah[/name] is apparently the Hebrew form of [name]Rebecca[/name], it’s very different. Maybe it goes better with [name]Alessandro[/name]?
I like the name [name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Lux[/name]. Rebeccca [name]Joy[/name] is very pretty too if she goes back to her original idea.

Maybe she is just nervous about choosing the “perfect” name for her baby girl and in the midst of hormonal changes and maybe not sleeping as well as usual and all the other wonderful side effects of pregnancy, she just can’t settle her mind on one name. What if you or her husband make a list of hers & your favourite names and name combos (the ones that work/sound best) and then when she sees her baby after the birth, maybe something will click. It might help her at the time to have a narrow choice to choose something from rather than the whole wide world of names that are out there.

I don’t think [name]Alessandro[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name] are actually all that bad together, [name]Rebecca[/name] is used in Italian, and they are both long and flowing traditional names. And [name]Alexander[/name] has a very long history of use amongst religious people, including in Jewish circles where [name]Rebecca[/name] is an incredibly traditional and common choice.

[name]Becca[/name] clashes more, [name]IMO[/name], because it’d be more equivalent to [name]Alex[/name] or [name]Xander[/name], i.e. a nickname-name, but with a long and flowing traditional version like [name]Alessandro[/name], I would go with [name]Rebecca[/name]/[name]Rebekah[/name]. [name]Rivkah[/name]'s a nice name but I think Italians just use [name]Rebecca[/name] so that seems to go better to me?

As far as classic/funky I would probably try to stay with relatively long names, perhaps:
[name]Ramona[/name] - unusual but not kreative, flowing, vowel-y
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Rosemarie[/name] - Girly, long, romantic.
[name]Rosemary[/name]/[name]Rosamund[/name]/[name]Rosalba[/name]
[name]Rafaela[/name]/[name]Raphaela[/name]

[name]Alessandro[/name] and [name]Raphaela[/name] go together really gorgeously [name]IMO[/name] and it has the religious feel of [name]Rebecca[/name] and nickname options ([name]Ella[/name] rather than [name]Becca[/name])?

I would go with [name]Rebecca[/name] nickname [name]Becca[/name] / Bex. Why? Because [name]Becca[/name] sounds too nickname-ish and I don’t think will age well. [name]Rebecca[/name] is classy and sophisticated, you really can;t go wrong with it.