Beckett for a gir?

Any thoughts on [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] for a girl?

We are thinking either:
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_f]Honor[/name_f]

(the middle names are both family names)

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] doesn’t feel too masculine for a girl…probably because it is somewhat trendy sounding. I do always think of [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], but I’m not sure he is typically the inspiration for this name.

I’m not a fan. Although I’d prefer it on a boy. It reminds me of [name_m]Beckham[/name_m] and I think it could come off as sounding like bucket.

Using a boy name on a girl doesn’t make it unisex.

The name has no.feminine qualities.

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] sounds way too harsh to be a boy’s or girl’s name. Probably since it’s only 2 syllables.

No, it’s terrible for a girl, sorry!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] for a boy, but I’m not a fan of it for a girl (even with the still-cute nn of [name_f]Becca[/name_f]). I think [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] from Castle has made [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] more appealing for either gender, but especially for a girl, but just because they call her [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] a lot doesn’t make it a girls’ name… I’m surprised it isn’t more popular, honestly, with the option to refresh [name_f]Becca[/name_f] (or even use [name_f]Etta[/name_f])–just like I’m surprised [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] aren’t taking [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]'s trajectory, but that’s not to say that I prefer it stays with the boys. It seems too harsh for a little girl, to me, even a powerhouse, kick-butt, awesome little girl. Or even grown woman.

I’m a big fan of [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] for a boy but not for a girl. I think it would be usable, especially with the nn [name_f]Becca[/name_f], but it still wouldn’t be my first choice.

I truly think [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] could be cute for a girl. I always love the nickname becca and you could totally use it with the name beckett. As long as your comfortable with it I would say go for it!

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is unusable on a girl. I agree with previous poster that using a boy’s name on a girl does not make the name unisex.

1 Like

Please don’t!!!

I personally wouldn’t name a girl [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], but I wouldn’t say it’s not usable. With nickname possibilities like [name_f]Becca[/name_f] or [name_f]Beckie[/name_f], or potentially even [name_u]Kit[/name_u], I can see it being used as a girls name.

I would lean more towards [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] from your options

I’ve actually met two girl Becketts - both of them who wore their names very well. It doesn’t seem like it could be pulled off as a girl’s name in abstract thinking, but meeting female Becketts and putting a female face to that name has changed my mind.

Not a fan.

At first I wasn’t sure but the more I think about it, I think it’s actually cute! I love the idea of using [name_f]Becca[/name_f] as a nickname. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] is adorable.

I think that if you have to ask if it could work on a girl, then the answer is no.

1 Like

People keep talking about how this is a “boy’s name,” but honestly, I was always under the impression that it was an old UK surname dealing with bees. I could be very wrong about this. If I’m wrong, well then this would follow my pros and cons list for the girl name [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (in other words, the pros and cons of giving girls traditionally boys’ names). If it is primarily a surname, then it’s fair game, in my humble opinion (females have surnames, too!). If you love it, or if it has a lot of meaning for you, go for it. Many people watch the show “Castle” and are used to the character [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] simply being called [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], anyway. It’s definitely not the worst thing I’ve heard.

Well I have a son named [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and if are next is a boy he will be [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] so I obviously don’t like either on little girls since your asking for opinions :slight_smile:

My daughters name is [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] and she goes by [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]. We love the name and so does anyone that we meet when they ask her name.

I love it!