Beckett: Middle Name Conundrums!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries! (sorry in advance - this got long!)

Two more months until baby boy #2 joins us in this weird world. We’ve landed on [name_m]Beckett[/name_m], which is perfect for a number of meaningful reasons. When it comes to his middle name, though, the conversation is a revolving door. He will be little brother to [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Abel[/name_m] R____and.

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] - a middle name we had long before settling on a first. [name_u]Truth[/name_u] be told, the inspiration is DH’s favourite explorer, [name_u]James[/name_u] Cook. But Cook is a controversial figure here in Australia, and while I was on board at first, I’m really second-guessing the choice even though we don’t have to advertise the fact that this was the spark.

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] - a direct reference to the city where Hubby and I first met and lived until we got married. Also the name of my wonderful father-in-law. BUT, we always said we wouldn’t use family names because we don’t want to leave anyone out. I’m not sure how my side of the family would feel about this.

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - love the meaning, love the sound. But our surname starts with an R. Is that alliteration too much?

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] - the only other option that DH is super on board with other than [name_u]James[/name_u]. He has strong Irish roots, and I love [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]. But once again, I’m questioning the flow with hard endings to all three parts of the name.

Any insight or additions are much appreciated! I have too much time to spend thinking about this lately.

I really like the sounds of [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] actually. It’s not controversial, it’s not alliterative and it won’t cause family arguments/hard feelings. Plus it looks and sounds good

2 Likes

I agree with @Greyblue and I love [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u]!

1 Like

I also agree with @Greyblue , [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] seems like a really good fit. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] also sounds just darling, and I don’t personally think of the alliteration as much of an issue and to be completely honest, you would be surprised how rarely in a person’s life their full name is read out together and it would even be noticed :smile:

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] would also be a classic, handsome choice. Regarding the issue of family feeling left out, It seems to me that it’s a name that you like and that has sentimental meaning, and also just happens to be a family name.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! As for [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], it’s such a common middle name that I don’t think anyone would ever ask you what inspired it, so I wouldn’t consider that an issue!

2 Likes

I like [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] the best. I don’t think the middle and last name alliteration makes a difference. If anything, it sounds nice!

2 Likes

Thank you for all of the great feedback!

I’m certainly leaning much more heavily toward [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u], and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] as a close second. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is so handsome, but I’m really hesitant to go there with the family dynamic. All four grandparents are from different countries/traditions, so balancing expectations there is enough!

Thanks in advance to anyone else who would like to weigh in!

[name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] gets my vote!!

1 Like

I agree with what a lot of the others are saying: [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] sounds like a great choice for you for multiple reasons. Honestly, though, all four options sound wonderful, so I don’t think you can go wrong!

1 Like

I agree with others, [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Fionn[/name_u] or [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] sound best in my opinion!