Beckett

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I am expecting a baby in [name_u]July[/name_u]. [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] (nn Becks) is a name my husband and I can agree on. My only reservation is that I really want a classic, old-fashioned name and I worry it could be seen as a modern surname name. What do you think? Classic or modern?

It’s modern to me. I know a sweet little boy named [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I never heard of the name before he was born. I have a total soft spot for the name because of him.

Here’s info on the name.

I see it as modern, but paired with the right middle name(s) and possible sibling names it could definitely give off an old-man chic vibe.

Thanks for your input. His sister is [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and it would be [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m].

I think [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] make a really nice sibling set.

I think of it as modern and I absolutely adore the name [name_m]Beckett[/name_m].

I think it’s modern as a first name, like everyone else, but [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a great, classic middle name to bring some balance to it. [name_f]Grace[/name_f]'s popularity makes it fit well with a modern name or another classic name, so I think [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] is great on it’s own and with his sibling’s name.