Becoming too popular?

Our baby is due in less than 2 months and we still have not thought of a name. I like the names [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] but am afraid they are becoming too popular. We don’t want the child having the same name as 5 others in school. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Popularity is relative. [name]Henry[/name] might be high up on the national lists but rarely used in your area. Maybe take a look at your local paper’s birth announcements if they do them to get an idea of what names are big in your area. [name]Both[/name] are great names, and if you get to school in five years’ time and there’s no [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Owen[/name] in the class at all you’ll have lost one of your favourite names for nothing. Plus [name]Henry[/name] could go by [name]Harry[/name] or [name]Hank[/name] anyway if you like those, I don’t see any obvious nns for [name]Owen[/name] though.

We have a [name]Grace[/name] and I have yet to meet another. However, when growing up, I had a not-as-popular name. It’s not obscure, especially now, but I was the only one in my high school of 4,000 students. However, when I went to cosmetology school, which had about 40 students, I was one of four. There’s no telling what can happen. Also, I only know one [name]Isabelle[/name]/a and we don’t even live in the same state.

I love both! [name]Henry[/name] has always been relatively popular because it is such a classic name. I don’t think they are that many more [name]Henry[/name]'s now than always has been. [name]Owen[/name] is more popular now but I am a teacher and I have never had an [name]Owen[/name] in my classroom before, so too me it is obviously not that popular either. I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]Owen[/name] or [name]Owen[/name] [name]Henry[/name] would be a fabulous choice and allow you to use both names :slight_smile: