Behati for a girls name?

Hello, i am pregnant with girl number 3 and we are struggling with names !! [name_m]Ive[/name_m] always liked the name [name_f]Behati[/name_f] (african origin meaning [name_u]Blessed[/name_u] “she who brings happiness” according to google!!).

My first two are called:

Emilia-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]

Although i like the name [name_f]Behati[/name_f], i am slightly anxious it is very unusual and so if i did pick this name i would also add another name just in case she grows up hating [name_f]Behati[/name_f]…
e.g.
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Romilly[/name_u]

The only other names i have apart from [name_f]Behati[/name_f] are:
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

So firstly

1. yay or nay to [name_f]Behati[/name_f]?
  2. Suggestions for lovely traditional second names for [name_f]Behati[/name_f]?
  3. other name suggestions that would go with siblings names?

Thank you so much, due date in less than 3 weeks!!!

1. Yes yes yes to [name_f]Behati[/name_f]! It’s one of my favourites too :blue_heart: The only things that put me off using it ultimately were: a) I have no [name_u]South[/name_u] African heritage at all, and b) it’s so unusual that the connection to the [name_f]Victoria[/name_f]’s [name_f]Secret[/name_f] model is pretty strong.

2. I love [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]! Short and sweet works well — maybe [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Fern[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]…

3. [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] would work beautifully with your eldest two girls, who both have pretty, feminine names. Maybe also…

[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Merrily[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Anais[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]

FYI, here’s some info on [name_f]Behati[/name_f] which I included in a post on my old blog :point_down:

[name_f]Behati[/name_f]

A modern Afrikaans form of [name_f]Beata[/name_f] or [name_f]Beate[/name_f] , which derive from Latin beatus “blessed”. It is thought that the spelling of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (from Latin viatrix “[female] traveller; wayfarer”) was also influenced by beatus ; their meaning is often cited accordingly as “she who brings happiness”. [name_f]Behati[/name_f] was brought into the spotlight by Namibian model [name_f]Behati[/name_f] Prinsloo, who has stated that her name means “blessing”. You can hear her pronounce it here.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and love all your suggestions. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] im not the only one who loves the name but im confused why you don’t see/hear this name anywhere (apart from the VS model!!)

1 Like

I think it’s just really, really rare. Hearing the model talking about her name, I even wondered if her parents had invented it, or at least riffed off a more established name, but I can’t find confirmation either way.

It’s lovely, though! I’d be excited to see it used.

• Yes, please use it. [name_f]Behati[/name_f] is a beautiful name!

• I’m loving [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]. It flows well and I love the meanings together. Also, [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_m]Zale[/name_m], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Tana[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Rain[/name_u], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Daru[/name_u], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Ane[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Sunna[/name_f] or [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] could also work.

• I have to agree with @katinka. From your list, I think [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] and [name_f]Viola[/name_f] would fit well with your girls’ names. Some other options are:
    [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
    [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
    [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
    [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
    [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
    [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
    Zamilla
    [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]

Behati isn’t my favourite but it is interesting

Behati [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] for you too

Emilia-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and…

Jemima
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elva[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridie[/name_f]

Behati isn’t my style but I’d love to meet one.

I really like [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]! Maybe [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Cora[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Behati[/name_f]! I think it’s absolutely beautiful and [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is :star_struck:. I also love [name_f]Molly[/name_f]! What about:

[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]

I also thought of [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Luella[/name_f], and…

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Dolly[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Fawn[/name_f]

LMK what you think!!

Behati - The first thing I think of is [name_f]Behati[/name_f] Prinsloo, [name_m]Adam[/name_m] Levine’s wife. I really like the name. [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is BEAUTIFUL!!

I don’t think it fits very well with your other girls names, which have very pretty names. I would be more inclined to use it as a middle name I think. [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] behati for instance

I agree with this. It’s not a pretty combination of sounds to my ears, sorry. And I would not want to share a name with a model, either.

2 Likes

I don’t know why but reminds me of a curry dish :grimacing:

hahaha you’ve made my day, that is hilarious but i still like it!!! X

1 Like

ooooo such wonderful middle name suggestions esp [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

Also love the name [name_f]Dolly[/name_f] but hubby not a fan sadly, we both do like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] so will put that on our list !!! thank you
re: [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], apparently [name_f]Behati[/name_f] is Afrikaans version of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]/Beatrix

1 Like
  1. Nay for [name_f]Behati[/name_f]. It sounds extremely similar to a rude word in Hindi (I speak Hindi with my family so it immediately comes to mind for me) describing an uneducated, ill-mannered villager/“hick”. If you live in an area with any sort of [name_f]Indian[/name_f] population I would maybe reconsider. I remember discussing the model with my mom and she was instantly put-off by her name. If you don’t live in an area with lots of Indians, it’s probably fine!

Behati - with such a strong association to one celebrity I would definitely wonder if that’s where a parent heard it. But I love the meaning! [name_f]My[/name_f] problem with the name is the ending - to me it sounds like the word “hottie.” Maybe outside the US, the “t” would be quite strongly accented and that might make a difference (??) But to me, I just hear “Be hottie.” Which isn’t something I’d want to put on a daughter even teasingly. This may be my own weirdness with seeing/hearing words inside names.

I agree, it sounds like “be hottie” to me! But that said, it’s a very beautiful name with an amazing meaning. But kids can be cruel so I’d be aware of “be hottie.” But if that doesn’t bother you I would go for it. It’s a rare gem of a name! [name_m]Even[/name_m] with the model having it, I dont think it will gain traction - [name_f]Behati[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is really pretty!