Belated: Pyrus Nikolai is here!

Joyously announcing the birth of our son, Pyrus [name]Nikolai[/name]. He was born on 12/15/12 at 2:27 AM. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 19.5 inches long.

Our little [name]Christmas[/name] baby has a festive name as Pyrus is the Greek name for a pear tree and I went into labor on the 13th of the month (the 1st day of [name]Christmas[/name]). [name]Nikolai[/name] comes from my Russian paternal family.

We are elated to be celebrating his birthday! He is welcomed by his 18 month old sister, [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Teagan[/name].

Congrats!!! What a cool meaning!

Congratulations! Pyrus is precious, and what a cool name he has.

Congratulations! Pyrus [name]Nikolai[/name] is so handsome, and [name]Juniper[/name] and Pyrus are so cool together. (And what a cute little baby!)

All the best!

Congratulations, and thanks for the cute picture! When I saw the name Pyrus, I immediately thought of the Greek pyr, “fire,” as in the word pyre. So then I had to go dig in my dictionaries to see if by any chance pyrus, “pear tree,” is related to pyr, “fire.” It is not. Apparently pyrus comes from the Latin pirum, “pear-tree,” which is related to the Greek apion, “pear.”
Sorry for the digression, but thanks indirectly for the etymology lesson! Pyrus [name]Nikolai[/name] is handsome, unusual but certainly wearable, and I love the subtle botanical connection between [name]Juniper[/name] and Pyrus.
Best wishes!

Gorgeous baby!
Cool name too!

xoxo
[name]Emilia[/name]

Congrats to you and your family on the safe arrival of your son, Pyrus [name]Nikolai[/name]. His name reminds me of the word “papyrus”, the paper that the ancient Egyptians wrote on. [name]Juniper[/name] and Pyrus are a pretty cool sibling duo.

What an adorable baby, congratulations on an adorable and fantastically named baby boy.