Bellamy

WDYT of [name]Bellamy[/name]? Its a new find of mine that I am really starting to like it. I am sure if I would actually use it or not but I thoght I would get some opinions on it :slight_smile: I have also seen the variation [name]Bellamie[/name], which spelling do you prefer?

It’s very cool! [name]Bellamy[/name] seems like a more masculine spelling, so I’d go with that one.

[name]EDIT[/name]: Wait a sec - [name]Bellamy[/name] for a boy, or a girl?

I think I prefer the [name]Bellamy[/name] spelling. I like it as a middle name.

A girl! Nameberry has [name]Bellamy[/name]/[name]Bellamie[/name] listed as a boys name but it was not even give to 5 boys last year to make the ranking list. It think the [name]Bella[/name] part makes it feminine and a total of 52 girls were born with either [name]Bellamy[/name] or [name]Bellamie[/name] so I am considering it for a girl :slight_smile:

Oops. A fellow berry favoured [name]Bellamy[/name] for a boy a few weeks ago ( Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums(?highlight=bellamy ) and I posted that I thought it was too rare to assign to a gender. Perhaps not. :confused:

At any rate, I think it can work for either gender. More strictly, I think:
[name]Bellamy[/name] for a boy.
[name]Bellamy[/name] plus feminine middle name for a girl, i.e. [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Cate[/name].
[name]Bellamie[/name] for a girl.
[name]Bellamie[/name] plus masculine middle name for a boy, i.e. [name]Bellamie[/name] [name]Raphael[/name].

I like [name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Bellamie[/name] a lot! I think it definitely feminine!! I think it sounds great with [name]Luca[/name] that you are considering as well. [name]Aren[/name]'t considering [name]Cecily[/name] or [name]Cicely[/name] too? I think [name]Bellamie[/name]/[name]Bellamy[/name] and [name]Cicely[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name] are made for each other :smiley:

I think it’s adorable! I depends on the mn and sibset on whether I would choose [name]Bellamy[/name] or [name]Bellamie[/name]. I, myself, prefer [name]Bellamy[/name], but with my other favourites ([name]Cameo[/name], [name]Vinni[/name] [name]Monroe[/name], [name]Heather[/name]) [name]Bellamie[/name] would make more sense.

I like it for a girl! Looking at the two spellings, [name]Bellamy[/name] looks like a [name]Belle[/name]+[name]Amy[/name] smoosh, while [name]Bellamie[/name] spelling emphasizes the [name]Bella[/name] part more. I think I like [name]Bellamy[/name] better but I’m afraid some people would say [name]Bell[/name]-[name]Amy[/name] instead of [name]Bella[/name]-me.

Thanks everyone! @[name]Parker[/name] - Yes I am still considering [name]Cicely[/name]/[name]Cecily[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name], right now I have Ciciely as MN for [name]Ava[/name] but it could easily become a FN. I think them with [name]Bellamy[/name]/[name]Bellamie[/name] too :slight_smile:

I like it… but I have a few reservations. I do think it would probably work better for a girl (a la [name]Bella[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], etc.), but it does have a masculine feel to me. I have heard it considered for both genders, though. It also feels a bit more trendy (although I’m not sure why) than any other [name]Belle[/name] name, even the overexposed (in others’ opinion, haha. I am all for it!) [name]Isabella[/name].

It is cute, though, and intriguing. What mn would you pair it with? I would do something classic-ish and timeless… something like [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Kate[/name], or [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]… And I do like [name]Bellamy[/name] more than [name]Bellamie[/name]. [name]Bellamie[/name] has a totally different (and even trendier) vibe to me, sorry.

I do like [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Kate[/name] but I am not sure I could let go of [name]Kate[/name] as a FN but it does flow really well!

lol, [name]Kate[/name] is just one of those go-to MN options I have. Since it would honor my mom and all. And I know you love [name]Kate[/name], haha, so it was just one of my first ideas. Maybe [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Iris[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Iris[/name]? Or [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]?

I love [name]Bellamy[/name] and can’t even begin to picture this on a boy. I know a lovely little girl named [name]Bellamy[/name] and she goes by Belly, [name]Belle[/name], and [name]Mia[/name].

Her middle name is [name]Corrine[/name], do you like that? [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Corrine[/name]?

[name]Love[/name] [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]!

[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Lucinde[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Thea[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Annora[/name]

[name]Bellamy[/name] is one of my top 5 favorite names for a girl :slight_smile: I don’t really see a boy pulling off this name, mainly because of the [name]Bella[/name] beginning. I like it spelled as [name]Bellamy[/name]; [name]Bellamie[/name] gives me a trendy, cutesy feel to it. I would definitely pair [name]Bellamy[/name] up with classic name to balance it out, like [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Adele[/name] or [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

@ash - I like [name]Iris[/name] on other people’s kids but not my own LOL

@dantea - I was thinking of [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Carina[/name] so that is really close :slight_smile:

@[name]Tay[/name] - I think [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would be adorable!!

I have also been thinking [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Autumn[/name] but I don’t know about that…

What does everyone think of [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Carina[/name], [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Jane[/name], and [name]Bellamy[/name] [name]Autumn[/name]?

[name]Bellamy[/name] is one my favorite surnames as firstnames on girl. I am usually against surname names, but I can’t help but like [name]Bellamy[/name].

I love [name]Bellamy[/name], ONLY this spelling. Very feminine to me, probably because of the [name]Belle[/name] beginning. I love surnames as first names. My second daughter is [name]Delaney[/name] (dee-[name]LANE[/name]-ee), traditionally a surname.

I like [name]Bellamy[/name] a lot, prefer this spelling:)