Bellamy

Sorry for posting again. I’ve really started to like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] with the nickname [name_f]Bella[/name_f]. I do like some surname names (Like [name_m]Cooper[/name_m] and [name_m]Archer[/name_m]) but is [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] better for a boy or a girl? And does it work with my current favourites?

Thank you, [name_f]Ebony[/name_f]

I know you’re going to get plenty of people telling you it’s better for a boy, but honestly, I think this is a girls name. It’s got [name_u]Bell[/name_u] and [name_f]Amy[/name_f] and all the nicknames are girl names – [name_u]Bell[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], Bellie, [name_f]Amy[/name_f], etc.

I know a wonderful little girl named [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] nn Bellie.

I think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] makes a very pretty girls’ name! I know historically it has been a boy’s name, but I much prefer it on a girl. I would go with the nickname [name_f]Amy[/name_f] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f]

I can’t see it on a boy or girl. It’s firmly a surname to me. Your girl names are all classically beautiful names that have extensive history of being used as only first names. [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] doesn’t fit with them at all.

I adore [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] and see it most fitting for a girl. Despite it being a surname, the sound is just more feminine.

I like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], it has a really pleasant sound to it. Could be boy or girl [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] is a gorgeous name !! I can see it on both genders . [name_f]Belle[/name_f] , [name_f]Bella[/name_f] etc as a nn for a girl and [name_m]Beau[/name_m] as a nn for a boy :slight_smile:

I can only see this name as masculine because it’s a surname for some of my family and I just associated it with the males. But, that’s just me! :wink: