Benedicte for a girl?

Found a name so gourgeous for Filippas babysister, but it worrys me that it not so great in English. Tell me I am wrong…
Its really pretty in Danish by the wat :wink:

pls help…

I really like it:) I think it goes well with [name]Filippa[/name] and I love the nn [name]Bennie[/name] but I’m not sure how the pronunciation would differ from the male [name]Benedict[/name], which I’m not keen on.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Would you be planning on using the French (original, I guess) spelling B”n”dicte or just Benedicte? Either way, I think it is beautiful. I love how the ‘e’ actually seems to make it feminine but not in the overused ‘a’ way. I mean, if you slap an ‘a’ onto the end of a name, it’s suddenly a girl’s name. xD
That makes the perfect sib-set! (: That would be beautiful. I like the exotic feel.

I love Benedicte. I actually love all of the variants of this name (especially [name]Benedicta[/name], but that won’t work with [name]Filippa[/name])

Benedictine
Benedictia

I very much like Benedicte too and think it goes wonderfully with your other daughter’s name.

I also have a friend named [name]Benilde[/name] – ben-[name]NIL[/name]-dee in the U.S. though I can imagine a softer final e or just ben-NEELD – which is an interesting alternative.

I think it’s beautiful! I’m glad you found a name you love! :slight_smile:

Take care!

Thanks so much all for yoyr replies, really appreciate…
I asked the same to a person in UK on another nameblog, she did not like at all, and said it wouldnt work in english speaking countries. She also said it easily would be used as “benedick” for teasing. Oh dear, horrible thought but I couldt really belive that, so thanks again for proving her wrong, in your opinion.

[name]Both[/name] girls will have the middlename [name]Rose[/name].
[name]Filippa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and Benedicte [name]Rose[/name]
I guess the pronounciation in english will be Be-ne-dict-uh.

or be-ne-dict-a