Benedicte for a girl?

I met a little girl (I think she was about 6 or 7) today named Benedicte. Curious to hear everyone’s opinion on this name.

4 Likes

I am neutral leaning on the verge of dislike on this. The name is not really cute. Its just one letter away from [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] and the ‘e’ is not significant. It’s more of a boy name to me. Sorry.

How is it pronounced? I’ve heard of [name_m]Benedikte[/name_m], which is a Scandinavian name I believe.

It was pronounced exactly the same as [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. Her family are not from abroad or anything.

It’s not something I would personally use but I can appreciate for others

I think there could be some fun nicknames !

2 Likes

I always only thought of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] (+variations) as an exclusively male name. But I can actually picture a girl named Benedicte (+variations) with the nickname [name_u]Bennie[/name_u] and it seems cute. Although, personally, I wouldn’t consider it for a girl

1 Like

I love [name_f]Benedicta[/name_f] and [name_f]Benedetta[/name_f] but I don’t love just Benedict(e) for a girl. Though [name_u]Bennie[/name_u] is a cute and fun nickname.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I love it, but then I don’t love [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] in general

1 Like

Any new to me name interests me!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s very very cute! Sounds precocious and stuffy, which are two things I sort of love in a name. I imagine a girl with this name to be quite a bit rough-and-tumble, very spunky. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Benedicte is actually one of the fem variants of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] (French (though spelled Bénédicte), Norwegian and Danish) so I think it’s quite nice to see!

1 Like

cute!

1 Like

I think it’s adorable, even though ben is a boys name, bennie can work for any gender as a nickname! It works so well and sounds adorable

1 Like

I actually quite like it! Thanks for sharing

1 Like