Benjamin?

[name_m]How[/name_m] many Benjamins do you know? Are they everywhere on the playground? What do you think of this name…classic and handsome, or boring and too traditional?

Our current favorite name combo for [name_f]Tiny[/name_f] Toon is [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_u]Dale[/name_u], and I would likely call him [name_m]Bud[/name_m] or [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] because of the initials B.D.

Thanks for any feedback.

in my 25 years of teaching, but I love the name.

They all went by [name_m]Ben[/name_m], but I prefer [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. I would name a son that in a heartbeat and call him both [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] and [name_m]Bram[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. It’s my favorite boys’ name, and I wish other people would stop using it! I know 3 boys under 10 around here named [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (2/3 go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m]).

I know of one little Bejamin who goes by [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. I also knew of 2-3 in my high school. I think it’s timeless and classic.

I know/have known many Benjamins. Many went by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. It is classic and handsome.

I can think of 3 Benjamins I know (all go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m]) but I think it is a lovely classic name. I don’t particularly like [name_m]Ben[/name_m] as nn, I kind of prefer [name_m]Benji[/name_m] and I wish I could think of other nns
[name_m]Bud[/name_m]/[name_m]Buddy[/name_m] is really cute

It’s been at the top of my list since childhood. I still think it’s absolutely lovely.

I know zero [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]'s actually. I know one or two guys who go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] but I’m not sure what their full name is. Back in the 80’s my sister had an acquaintance who went by [name_m]Benji[/name_m]! :smiley:

Great classic name.

I know one. An uncle who goes by [name_u]Bennie[/name_u] ([name_m]Benny[/name_m]).

I love it! I think it’s absolutely wonderful! I myself don’t know any, but I’m sure there’s at least one or two hiding at my high school :slight_smile:

I really love it, but it does feel kind of boring to me which is why its not one of my favorites anymore. I only know 2 Benjamins though, so despite it feeling super common, I don’t think it is quite as common as it seems.

There were 2 [name_m]Ben[/name_m]/[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]'s in my school year but I haven’t met any other [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]'s. Their 21-22 years old now

I love the name [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] (not such a fan of [name_m]Ben[/name_m]). I wanted to use the nn of [name_m]Benjie[/name_m] but of course everyone told me I was crazy (that happens a lot with my names). I know a couple of [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]'s that all go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is one of those names that the boy eventually decides to shorten even if you don’t want it. I’m not loving the sound of BD if I’m honest (sounds too close to VD to my ear - sorry!). But I do like [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] or [name_m]Bud[/name_m]. It’s a classic nickname that hasn’t been used for a while.

Obviously I’m a fan of [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] :-). It’s supposed to be popular in my area, but we have yet to hear it on another [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] in any of our sons’ play groups or on the playground. I know a few Benjamins, but they are all older.

I don’t see why you couldn’t use [name_m]Bud[/name_m] or [name_m]Buddy[/name_m] as a nickname.

I know a few, and they all go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. One goes by [name_m]Benji[/name_m], which I love. I think [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] is a great name and I would definitely consider it, especially with the nickname [name_m]Benji[/name_m] or just full-on [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Ben[/name_m].

It’s on my long list (first or second favorite B name). I know five or so? One about 50, 30s, 20s, and about 14 years old… All go by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] or [name_m]Benny[/name_m], though I love [name_m]Benji[/name_m] and benno!

I grew up with lots of Benjamins. It’s not overly popular in that eye-rolling way names that in “-ayden” are, but it’s fairly established I would say, and your son is bound to run into a few. Going by a different nn than “[name_m]Ben[/name_m]” would definitely help mitigate the similarities!

I love [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. It would serve your son very well…it’s strong, handsome and has a great deal of character.