Bennet? Bennett? Benett?

See the results of this poll: Which spelling is best?

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Bennet: 1 (3%)
  • Bennett : 28 (97%)
  • Benett: 0 (0%)

[name]Bennett[/name] is my favorite spelling as it looks the most complete. My second spelling choice would be [name]Bennet[/name] a la Pride and Prejudice. [name]Benett[/name] is more feminine looking to me so I would avoid this spelling altogether. [name]Bennett[/name] is actually a version of [name]Benedict[/name] but still somewhat overshadowed by the more trendy [name]Beckett[/name]. I much prefer [name]Bennett[/name] to [name]Beckett[/name] due to its softer sound. FYI - In the US, [name]Bennett[/name] was No# 309 in 2009 and moved up to No# 279 in 2010 so it’s climbing (only about 2,000 births so it’s not too common yet). Surprisingly, [name]Beckett[/name] was only No# 413 in 2009 and No# 356 last year so the name is becoming more popular at a faster pace than [name]Bennett[/name]. The name is not as popular as [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Bentley[/name] due to the fact that the former is a traditional Biblical name and [name]Bentley[/name] is a brand name for a luxury car so it sounds posh and upper class to some parents (eg Teen Mom). [name]Benjamin[/name] is a fine name but [name]Bentley[/name] is pretentious in my opinion.

[name]Bennett[/name]! I have loved this name for 5+ years, and that was always the spelling of choice! I’m a huge fan of double letters, and this version has them in abundance!
It’s popularity has been growing over the last few years, but it’ll likely never see the heights of the top 100, which makes it a perfect name. It’s easily recognizable, and has a familiar nn option ([name]Ben[/name]), but it’s not [name]Benjamin[/name].

Exactly.

[name]Bennett[/name] is the only spelling I’ve ever seen and it’s the one I like best. I think it’s not that common because it’s traditionally a last name. [name]Benjamin[/name] is biblical and has always been used up front. [name]Bentley[/name], as a pp mentioned, is associated with cars…I lump it in with [name]Harley[/name], [name]Crystal[/name], etc. Names people use because the items they refer to sound expensive. They later may take on a life of their own, but I think that’s why they begin to take off.