Bennet or Benedict?

I absolutely adore both of these names and I would use the nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m] for both of them but I can’t decide which one is would be more wearable!

I much prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]!

1 Like

I adore [name_m]Bennet[/name_m]! (Although I prefer the two “t” spelling because it looks more balanced to me).

Definitely [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] wades a bit too far into super-nerd territory for me, but no offense to any who love it.

I love [name_m]Bennet[/name_m]! I don’t care for [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], it seems much too formal to me.

1 Like

I’m in the minority :grimacing: I prefer [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. I love its sophisticated and distinguished feel. I also love how you can get to the more down to earth nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m]

3 Likes

I agree! I also prefer the [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] spelling as opposed to [name_m]Bennet[/name_m].

1 Like

[name_m]Bennet[/name_m] is a great name!! But I prefer the spelling [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] because it feels more complete to me :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_m]Benedict[/name_m].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]! It’s an underused gem. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] is a very charming, peaceful and handsome name.

2 Likes

I prefer the shorter, sweet [name_m]Bennet[/name_m]

Love [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]! He could also be the quirky-cool [name_m]Ned[/name_m] for short, but [name_m]Ben[/name_m] is great too.

I like [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] (especially this spelling, which makes me think of the [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] sisters from Pride and Prejudice), but it feels a little less classic and unexpected to me.

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Benedict[/name_m].

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]

My favourite would be [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], followed by [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. I don’t really like the [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] spelling.

Ok I love [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. Especially with the nn [name_m]Ned[/name_m] - soooo cute!

1 Like

Benedict

1 Like

I think [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] is more modern. [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] only makes me think of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] [name_m]Arnold[/name_m].

I prefer [name_m]Bennet[/name_m] – and I love that you’ve spelt it with just one ‘t’! [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] it really cool, but I wonder if it might be a lot of name to pull off irl (unless you’re a super likable British actor :wink:).

You really can’t go wrong either way, but I do prefer [name_m]Bennet[/name_m].

2 Likes

I know three Benedicts IRL ([name_f]England[/name_f]). Aged 30ish, mid-20s and under 10. I think it works really well on all of them!

2 Likes