Bennett, Parker, or Finley?

I’m 21 weeks with my 2nd baby and we’re having a boy! My first is a baby girl named [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].
I have always had trouble with boy names, and now it’s time to narrow it down.

So far our favorites are [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_u]Parker[/name_u] (a family name), and [name_u]Finley[/name_u].

We really like [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], but my husband really doesn’t like the nn [name_m]Ben[/name_m], and I’m not a huge fan either. I know we don’t have to call him [name_m]Ben[/name_m], but it will happen. I’ll probably even end up calling him that myself. Any suggestions on alternative nn’s (please, no [name_m]Benny[/name_m]'s) or other similar names (no [name_m]Beckett[/name_m])?

We are likely to rule out [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], so then it’s down to [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u] for now.
Middle name will be [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] (family name), last name [name_m]Anderson[/name_m].

[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]

What are your thoughts? [name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

All of these names are lovely! I do think [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] will likely become [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. I know you don’t like [name_m]Benny[/name_m], but what about [name_m]Benji[/name_m] instead of [name_m]Ben[/name_m]?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] like the nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u], which will ultimately be what [name_u]Finley[/name_u] becomes? If not, I would go with [name_u]Parker[/name_u].

The other thing is popularity. [name_u]Finn[/name_u]/[name_u]Finley[/name_u] is quite popular right now.

If you aren’t a fan of [name_m]Ben[/name_m] than I would agree with you that maybe [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] isn’t the best pick for you. I like [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]. Things to consider: [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is more popular and will likely be shortened to [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you and your husband like the nickname [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and does it matter to you that you will meet other little boys with the same name? [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is two P names in a row. Does that bother you or do you like it? I personally like repeat letters if they flow well together.

I agree that [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] isn’t the best name for you guys if you don’t like the nickname [name_m]Ben[/name_m]. I think [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are both great names. I sway a bit more towards [name_u]Parker[/name_u], but that is because I know a really cute, sweet little toddler with that name.

My favorite from the list is [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], it also compliments [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] really nicely. But I understand you dont like the potential nn… My second choice would be [name_u]Parker[/name_u] (it’s a charming name), however, [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] doesn’t flow the best, imo.

Suggestions:
[name_m]Baxter[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_m]Rhett[/name_m])
[name_m]Radley[/name_m]
[name_m]Braden[/name_m]
[name_m]Scott[/name_m]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_m]Tucker[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]'s (nn [name_m]Bear[/name_m]?)
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] are great!
[name_u]Beck[/name_u] could be a nn for [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]. Or [name_u]Beau[/name_u] or [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] perhaps?

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] gets my vote - [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is a lovely, gentle name, and I think it works best of the three with sister [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] too.

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is cute!