Bennett vs. Beckett

Which do you prefer and why?

I like [name]Bennett[/name] much better. [name]Beckett[/name] reminds me of [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]. I also find the [name]Beck[/name] sound abrupt in names - I don’t like [name]Rebecca[/name] either.

I love [name]Beck[/name]. I think it’s fresh and cool.

I slightly prefer [name]Bennett[/name] as a full name, but I prefer the nn [name]Beck[/name] to [name]Ben[/name]. Soooo…it’s a draw for me.

I like [name]Beckett[/name] better. Sounds like a good looking guy.

[name]Bennett[/name] is a version of [name]Benedict[/name] which is one of my favorite saint’s names so I prefer it much more than [name]Beckett[/name]. I like the no-frills, down-to-earth nn [name]Ben[/name] much better as well. Although they both have literay connections, [name]Beckett[/name] sounds very cold and abrupt to my ears. Good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].

Oooh, I love [name]Beckett[/name], actually! I am a sucker for a strong ‘k’ sound in a name! And [name]Beck[/name] is a great nickname.

[name]Bennett[/name] makes me think of the [name]Bennett[/name] sisters/Mr [name]Bennett[/name] in [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name]. And while that is fine, I love [name]Austen[/name], but for me it feels too … something. Too soft, maybe.

I like [name]Bennett[/name] more, it’s a little softer and of course I always match names to my future last name which starts with a C so [name]Beckett[/name] is too much C.

I think of [name]Bennett[/name] as a bit more timeless and classic, while I find [name]Beckett[/name] to be more hipster and trendy.

I like both but prefer [name]Beckett[/name] for [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Beckett[/name].

I Prefer [name]BENNETT[/name], it also means “[name]Little[/name] Blessed One” :slight_smile:

I agree with this. Although, I do like [name]Beckett[/name]. I prefer [name]Benton[/name] to either of them! But I’m biased. [name]Benton[/name] [name]Grover[/name] is my son’s name. :slight_smile:

[name]Beckett[/name]!

I am a huge TV fan, and while it seems embarrassing and dumb to name a child after a television character, I just love the association to [name]Kate[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] in the show Castle. lol. It’s not the reason I would use it, but I do like the added association.

The main reason I love it though is that my sister is [name]Becca[/name], so it would honor her in a way, and I love the -ett names. [name]Bennett[/name] is cool, but I like [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Benedict[/name] more.

[name]Beckett[/name] just screams cool to me, but [name]Bennett[/name]… since I’ve heard it being used on a few girls, it’s lost most of its appeal to me. I used to have [name]Levi[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] on my list to honor my grandfather, though (his initials were LB).

I prefer [name]Beckett[/name].

I think that [name]Bennett[/name] is the safer choice. More traditional.

[name]Beckett[/name] seems to be a bit modern and hip, but I still like it for its sound and literary connections.

[name]Beckett[/name]! I love it! To me, it’s much more unique sounding than [name]Bennett[/name] (I think because it has [name]Ben[/name] in it, which is so common).