”berclassic namer strikes again

Thank you for your kind opinions on my last post. I read them and everyone was so helpful I decided to ask one more time! this time we’re trying to settle between two names. After a quick review on the family tree we found another name to consider.

[name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] -or- [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Marie[/name].

I like both very much, the hubs prefers [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Marie[/name] and the kids want to call her cheeze Whiz.

What do you think? Which name should we use for [name]Alfred[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]John[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]?

I like [name]Elinor[/name] for the [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] nicknames.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I think you should go for Cheez Whiz :wink:

I can’t remember if this was mentioned on the other post, but are you considering using [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] as a double first name? If so, I like it with the boys. [name]Just[/name] [name]Mary[/name] as a first name isn’t as interesting to me, so I’d probably go with [name]Elinor[/name] in that case. Added benefit to double first name - you get to use another middle! [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]?

I like [name]Eleanor[/name] (prefer it spelled this way), but I’m not crazy about [name]Marie[/name] in the middle.
I would go with:
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Louise[/name]*
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]

With [name]John[/name] and [name]Alfred[/name], though, I actually think [name]Mary[/name] is perfect! And, unlike the previous poster, I actually prefer just [name]Mary[/name] (with possibly [name]Alice[/name] as the middle) to a double first name [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name].
I actually think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] is beautiful!!

I second the previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] that!
I prefer [name]Mary[/name] to [name]Elinor[/name] as a first name. [name]Mary[/name] is so simply and classic, but sounds happy and perky while still being serious. I actually think it’s one of the best names ever. And it is completely perfect with [name]Alfred[/name] and [name]John[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m rooting for Cheeze Whiz. :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, I love [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name], although it does feel kind of expected to me (like [name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Mary[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]). I [name]LOVE[/name] the suggestion of [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Elinor[/name] so much, but [name]Marie[/name] feels kind of “filler” to me these days. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Alice[/name]?

I’m rambling here, but I prefer [name]Mary[/name] [name]Alice[/name] to [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Marie[/name], but I love [name]Elinor[/name] the most on your list. If we’re allowed to play around with the names, [name]Mary[/name] [name]Elinor[/name] or even [name]Elinor[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would my favorites.

You have some amazing family names!

Good luck! :slight_smile: