Berries: The Arts

Hey, y’all!

I was just wondering if any of you guys were also involved in the arts! Singing, acting, dancing, heck- anything creative really, even physical art (painting, drawing)!

I’d love to meet some people that have the same hobbies as me on here. :slight_smile: I’m a singer and I do musical theatre. I also love drawing/painting, although I don’t dedicate as much time to it nowadays as I’d like to.

1 Like

Same here! Acting and singing :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome! Have you done any productions/performances? What songs and productions are your favorites?

1 Like

I like singing(though i’m not great at it), drawing, and playing the guitar, violin and piano!

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve done a bunch of productions! Only a few concert type performances and those always terrify me since I’m not as confident with singing. Some of my favorite shows I’ve done are The [name_f]Belle[/name_f] of Amherst ([name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m]), [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women ([name_f]Beth[/name_f]), and [name_u]Steel[/name_u] Magnolias ([name_f]Annelle[/name_f]).

In private voice I always did classical soprano stuff, which is sort of a shame since most of the roles I want are belty and I’m not very good at belting. I’d LOVE to do a good soprano role like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in Gentleman’s Guide to [name_u]Love[/name_u] and Murder or [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] in The [name_f]Mystery[/name_f] of [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] Drood. [name_f]My[/name_f] vocal coach had me work on Vanilla Ice Cream from She Loves Me for like a full year (and, to my terror, perform it at a public work shop), so hopefully one day I get the chance to audition with it.

What about you? :smiley: What are your favorite things you’ve done?

4 Likes

I’m a dancer (as well as a writer, but I believe the first is more of what you’re going for)! I danced competitively from age 8 to 18 and I still love taking classes when given the opportunity. I’m trained in ballet, jazz, modern, tap, and tumbling, but tap is definitely my favorite.

That’s awesome, wow, [name_u]Abby[/name_u], you do a lot of dance! One of my best friends is called [name_u]Abby[/name_u] as well and she does tons of dancing- she’s going professional next year, so that’s a funny coincidence!

Lily, that’s cool! I REALLY like Disney shows, to be honest; I like the appeal they have to a young audience and I love performing to kids. I did a musical rendition of Sleeping Beauty and I played [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], it was absolutely amazing and I loved taking pictures with all of the kids. [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] would be amazing roles!!! I really hope you’ll get the chance to audition for some of them sometime.

1 Like

I’m in my school’s drama club! We’ve put on musicals, and have competed in competitions! I also do theatre outside of school.

I love writing too. I’m taking a writing class through school next semester.

I really like acting, although I wouldn’t say I’m great. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t have much experience, love it all the same!

Cool topic by the way!
I dance, am a semi good sketch artist, and act just a teeny bit. Dancing is my main thing though, I’ve been trained in just about everything except Acro. Currently I’m a pointe ballerina and I’ve been trying to train enough for the past few years for it to become my career for a while!:grin:

Adding on to my previous post, I also enjoy singing but I’m not great.

I do lots of singing and performing arts at my school, which I do enjoy!

1 Like

I’m a pianist and a flautist (I play piano and flute) and my brother [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] (I brag about him a lot because he’s impressive) is a singer and actor. So far my favorite roles of his were [name_m]Hans[/name_m] in a summer camp production of Frozen [name_m]Jr[/name_m], [name_u]Michael[/name_u] in the school production of Peter [name_m]Pan[/name_m] [name_m]Jr[/name_m] (it was his first year in the school play and he got a “lead” role!), and he was supposed to be Lumiere in the school production of Beauty and the Beast [name_m]Jr[/name_m] but then COVID happened. He’s also done Flounder in the school production of The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid [name_m]Jr[/name_m].

I’m really into Handlettering and sketching, and I also used to do a bit of acting.

Im learning this for an audition. I already know the song but learning all the notes, wow, this isn’t an easy song!

1 Like

Also, I’m a mezzo-soprano, bordering on alto tbh. What about you guys?

I’m a singer (countertenor) and I used to do a lot of theatre (acting and occasionally directing) but it’s been a while. I also play the trombone!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I’ve never met anyone that plays the trombone, how long have you been playing for?

Since I was 10, so I guess 16 years! I love it, but yeah, not one of the more popular instruments.

I draw digital art, write stories and I voice act. I can do lots of voices. But most of my voice acting that I have on record is for silly little [name_f]Marvel[/name_f] skits, so I’m going to start doing voices for my own original characters.