Berries with tattoos!

Hello! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any tattoos? If so, what are they and why did you get them? If you don’t have any, would you get one in the future?

I have one tattoo, an umbrella. I got it in memory of a friend who passed away & to remind me that “life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain”. I am planning on getting another tattoo next year to celebrate finishing my degree!

2 Likes

I got one of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m] when I finished my degree! It was partly because I studied astrophysics, partly because [name_m]Saturn[/name_m] is my favourite planet, and partly because my parents accidentally named me after a moon of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m].

6 Likes

Love it! I have no tatoos and idk if I would ever get one. Maybe.

I have one. It says “Awake my soul” which are lyrics from a song by Mumford & Sons. I got it when I was 19 as a “note to self” to keep finding things that make me feel whole. I still love it 10 years later.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I was thinking of getting a lion, as that’s my university’s mascot. I study computer science but I can’t think of anything relating to that that would make a cool tattoo haha.

I love that!

I have a van Gogh iris, and I’m hoping to get the lamppost from [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] soon.

2 Likes

I have the symbols for Sagittarius, fire and [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m] - my astrological sign, it’s celestial element and celestial body. It took me two or three years to decide what I wanted and set on that because it’s something that will never change, it’s small and I think it looks pretty

2 Likes

This is mine! I got it last [name_f]April[/name_f] after years of debate.

I have a history of mental health that was at its worst when I was 16 to 18 and it is what shaped me to the be the person I am today. It’s also what has led me down the path to becoming a pediatric psych nurse so I can help the next generation continue their story.

I may end up getting another one in the future, but I have no idea what it’ll be.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing, it’s great that you have turned a negative period in your life into something positive & young people’s mental health is so important! It’s a lovely tattoo as well.

1 Like

I have 9 lol. A tudor rose, a shakespeare quote, a [name_m]Socrates[/name_m] quote, a heart, “love”, [name_f]Mary[/name_f] Crawley’s silhouette from Downton [name_u]Abbey[/name_u], a half of a laurel wreath, a flower bouquet, and a book. If you want to know more about the meaning behind any of them, let me know. And I have many more planned.

1 Like

Wow! I kinda wanna ask about them all but if that’s too much to share it’s okay :sweat_smile: I plan on eventually having a full sleeve so I will be having more too!

1 Like

I’ll explain the ones that aren’t too personal

1. Tudor [name_f]Rose[/name_f]: I like the early [name_m]Tudor[/name_m] dynasty
  2. Heart: matching with my Mom
  3. Mary Crawley is my favorite character of all time and DA got me through a bad period in my life.
  4. Laurel half: encouragement to get into and finish graduate school because an old tradition was for masters recipients to wear laurel crowns during graduation
  5. Flower bouquet: a cover up of another tattoo. Not too much meaning.
  6. A book because I’m becoming a librarian and I also need a reminder to actually read the books I own lol.
1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I particularly love the laurel wreath. The book thing is too real haha :sweat_smile: I have way too many unread and half-read books!

1 Like

I don’t have any, but I’ve considered getting my son’s birth flower once he’s born or all three of ours and make it a little bouquet. I’ve also considered maybe getting his birthday somewhere. Something small/pretty/sentimental like that. All of this is several months off, though, so I might change my mind.

1 Like

I have seven ladybugs circling my ankle. I have had it for years. The plan was to get matching Grateful Dead dancing bears with my two best friends. But at the last minute I decided to be different and get the bugs. I love ladybugs and the supposedly bring good luck.

1 Like

I have a couple tattoos and desperately want to get another!

I got my first when I was 18. At the time, I had just graduated from high school and I was struggling with the reality of being on my own, and where I wanted to go. This was right after the release of [name_f]Moana[/name_f], and I loved the song “[name_m]How[/name_m] Far I’ll Go”. The idea of “the line where the sky meets the sea” was so beautiful to me because it described how I wanted to go away to college and into the unknown (Frozen II was not a thing yet haha :stuck_out_tongue: ). I designed this little sunset symbol a few months before I got the tattoo, and I got it on the inside of my left ankle because that’s where my mom has her tattoo.

(Not the best image but it’s a hard spot to photograph so it’s the only one I have!)

I got my second tattoo in [name_f]October[/name_f] 2018. It’s the constellation for my sun sign: [name_m]Taurus[/name_m]. I got it on the outside of my left wrist/forearm, which was definitely my favorite spot of the two. [name_f]My[/name_f] pain tolerance is pretty high, and I’m an adrenaline junkie, but I actually really enjoyed the process, to the point where I want to get another in the same place on my other arm! I really don’t have a reason for it beyond the fact that I am a [name_m]Taurus[/name_m] (shocker) and I thought it would be cool.

(Ignore cringey instagram filter lmao).

I really want to get a third, like I said. [name_f]My[/name_f] next one I think will be on my right arm, just below the pit (?) of my elbow. I want the word “author” in typewriter font. 1) Because I’m a writer and my dream is to publish something in the future, and 2) Because I love the idea that you are the author in your own life and you get to write your story. I have others on my list but that one will hopefully be the next.

So interesting reading everyone else’s responses! I love talking tattoos!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] fiancé and I have semi-matching tattoos. We both got “I love you” but in different places and in each other’s handwriting. Kind of cheesy, but sweet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have any. I’ve seen pretty and meaningful tattoos but I don’t intend on getting one for myself. I’m a bit indecisive and have trouble finding something that’s “perfect” so I don’t like the idea that it’s permanent. I also have a strong aversion to pain. I have done [name_f]Henna[/name_f] before and intend on doing that again though. I take a picture of the [name_f]Henna[/name_f] so it will be “permanent” that way.

I’m planning on getting tattoos as soon as I can! I haven’t got any dead-set ideas beyond something based around the hands in ‘The Creation of [name_m]Adam[/name_m]’ by [name_m]Michelangelo[/name_m]. These pictures are from the artist @matteonangeroni on Instagram, to give some idea of what I’d like, though I think I’d be happy to have pretty much anything done by him :joy:

4 Likes