Berry Court: Clara Magdalene Mae

@AStudyIn_Scarlet reminded me this bandwagon exists! You berries may know Clara Magdalene Mae is one of my oldest and dearest combos, and one that routinely gets the most positive feedback from the berry community; Clara isn’t necessarily my favourite name, but in terms of flow this is almost certainly my favourite combo. So to court we go to find her a sister! You may pick one of those other combos:
Eliza Genevieve Ocean
Alice Frederica Violet ‘Liss’
Rose Elisabeth Isla
Katharine Louisa Fleur ‘Kitty Fleur’
Bess Caroline Odette
Anna Coppélia Faith
Iris Eliana Marie
Grace Elodie Carmen
Susannah Romy Faith
I’d be thrilled to hear your reasoning :sparkles:

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] - They are similar in length, and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] gives a slight edge to the combo/sibset. This would be my top choice!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] - This follows the same syllable count and has a similar style so I thought it would be perfect as well.

1 Like

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] :ocean:
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is just :heart_eyes: I figured a name like [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] needed something to stand up to it and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] just fit! I’m not sure if you’ll think [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is too rare or something but idc bcs [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] are both technically word names and the combo and sisterset is just… perfection.

1 Like

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] – [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] just sound perfect together! I like that they share some letters, but sound very distinct! They both have the same vibes: lace dresses, formal teas, youthful spirits.

(Rose also works exceptionally well.)

1 Like

[name_f]Katharine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. Dignified, classic first names + short second middle names.

1 Like

Many apologies if this is a long court hearing.

Let’s begin by defining what it is that makes [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] so lovely - what ‘makes it up’ as a name!

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] → international, well-loved, classic/vintage, clear and bright, short and snappy, sweet but strong, pleasing meaning

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] → elegant and bold with an approachable grandeur, an international feel, a little frilly but not fussy.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] → light, sweet and vintage, ‘word-adjacent’, could be considered a ‘filler’ middle, but is nonetheless lovely and warm

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] → an all round international vibe, a hint of vintage, a bit of dark academia, but also stylish, bright, pretty and lively.

So, let’s review which of your names could either fit that vibe or work cohesively with it:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] → the international, vintage, literary [name_f]Alice[/name_f], strong but sweet, the bold, sharp, powerful [name_f]Frederica[/name_f], the vintage but stylish [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - flows beautifully too

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] → that international flair, the bright, sparkly kick of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], the sleek [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], the unexpected, contemporary [name_f]Opal[/name_f] - an all round beautiful name.

[name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] → classic but ‘underused’ as a first, solid and strong, but bright and pretty, classic but stylish, a ‘word adjacent’ middle!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] → international, classic, strong but sweet, easy and clear, a distinctive, long and theatrical middle, a short ‘filler-y’ one to round it off, but also to bring a spark of brightness.

So we’re down to four! Let’s narrow it down.

[name_f]My[/name_f] gut says to cut:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] → gorgeous, obviously, but [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] is throwing me when placed besides [name_f]Mae[/name_f]

[name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] → feels a bit more modern, a bit less international, not quite the same kick

And then there were two:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Coppelia[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

I’ve sat and gone back and forth, back and forth, but ultimately, I think I’m going to declare the winner [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

It gives me that same vintage, slightly literary vibe, that strong but sweet feel, that slightly regal, elegant edge, the international flavour, the bright, slightly contemporary edge the second middles add, the wonderful flow, the distinctive-but-grounded first middle - an all round lovely choice that flows beautifully

1 Like

I would have to choose [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Katharine[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] ‘Kitty Fleur’

[name_f]My[/name_f] reasoning:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] are just both such classic names!! To me, they feel very ballet-ish, princessy, and sweet!
I also love how the classic [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] and spunky [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] balance with the spunky [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and classic Mae!! They feel like very good foil opposites of one another in such a pretty way~!
Most of all, I adore [name_u]Kitty[/name_u] [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]! I think she’s just so cute, and I love the way she sounds with Clara!!

Overall, both combos feel so winter-y and gorgeous to me, you truly cannot go wrong!!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] fits well with [name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Frederica[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] - they have similar vibes yet some differences too and sound very ethereal and elegant together!!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] a [name_u]Berry[/name_u] Court…

Firstly [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is delightful!

So I would put forward [name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] + [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u].

[name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Ida[/name_f] is beautiful, romantic, graceful and timeless. I love [name_u]Rose[/name_u] she’s one of my favourite names in the whole world she’s beautiful, classic, romantic, international and I think would make a natural sister for [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] with the sweet ‘s’ spelling adds a whimsical grandeur that matches with the surprising [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] providing a cohesive feel. I think [name_f]Ida[/name_f] finishes the name off in a bright spunky fashion. I like [name_f]Ida[/name_f] she’s fun vintage choice and sounds great with [name_u]Rose[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is again absolutely beautiful. [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a lovely virtue name that is beyond elegant, feels timeless and has an international flair. I like the association with the [name_u]Christian[/name_u] concept of grace and how this matches with the religious connotations of [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]. [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] makes a sparkly middle name with a pan European feel that is definitely emphasised by using [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] as the final middle name. [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is gorgeous! I love [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] she’s beautiful with a melodic feel. [name_u]Carmen[/name_u] is very special.

Such beautiful names! Was hard to choose!

1 Like