Best Baby Names of 2021: Your Nominations Please!

Margot
[name_u]Ivory[/name_u]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]

As someone who has been planning to use [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] for the last 15 years… I am
:sparkles:stressed :sparkles: about how popular it has gotten on nb!

2 Likes

I must be the only one who had to take [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] [name_u]Beacon[/name_u] typing in elementary school. Haunts me to this day! :grimacing:

1 Like

Avery

I feel like [name_u]Dove[/name_u] was so exciting that everyone momentarily forgot that they named their child [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]. :sweat_smile: I agree with [name_u]Dove[/name_u]!

3 Likes

I just adore [name_f]Alma[/name_f] :heart_eyes: so adding in my other favorites [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], and [name_f]Claudia[/name_f] because apparently my taste is shared by all! :wink:

I am thrilled by the suggestion of [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] above, and I’ll add [name_f]Polly[/name_f]. A food blogger I follow just named her baby [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], was that on the list last year?

What a lovely list by the way!

3 Likes

Boys: [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m], [name_m]Eben[/name_m], [name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
Girls : [name_f]Elodie[/name_f], [name_u]Irie[/name_u], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

I can see “[name_f]Vanessa[/name_f]” climbing next year!

1 Like

[name_f]Diana[/name_f], yes! [name_m]Add[/name_m] to this the fact that it feels kind of coolly midcentury now, I feel like this could be an ahead-of-the-curve revival name.

Very nearly made the cut, but pipped by [name_u]Maven[/name_u], which has been used my a couple of celebrities lately and fits the aspirational word name trend as well as its sound. But I do think [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] is about to catch on too! [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is really hot on NB and elsewhere.

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] was on the list in 2016! It’s so cute. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] and [name_f]Polly[/name_f] are some of my favourites too!

Interesting! I have actually heard of a couple of younger Vanessas this past year, you could be on to something :wink: [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to Nameberry, by the way!

1 Like

I feel like [name_f]Theadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] are set to go off this year. [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] in particular has gotten a lot of time the sun being featured in [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] and in a [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] song. I think it still might be a step to far for some parents but a step back from [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] is [name_f]Theadora[/name_f].

3 Likes

I don’t think [name_m]Wells[/name_m] has really caught on yet on nameberry or irl but I feel like it has lots of potential! It has that -s ending, its vintage, a nickname name, 1 syllable and fits in with class mates [name_u]Miles[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!!

3 Likes

Great one! I know it was one of @sophiekihm’s picks for the Hansons too – it does seem like there’s increasing buzz around [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]!

6 Likes

I was surprised not to see [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]! Bridgerton influence and nature name…

2 Likes

Yep! But again, we called it and it made the list last year :wink:

No way! You’re too good haha

1 Like

I thought it would have been perfect for them! I’m happy to see the interest in [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] — it’s very much not my style, but I read a book series as a tween with a protagonist named [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] and it’s been on my mind ever since :blush:

1 Like

You’ve already got [name_m]Phelan[/name_m] and [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u], but maybe [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u]? [name_f]Sibylla[/name_f] also came to mind. [name_u]Darragh[/name_u] maybe for another relatively undiscovered Irish boys name? [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]? Would love to see last year’s if you don’t mind linking!

1 Like

I’m surprised by how many of my top names are on this list!

I definitely think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. I see it popping up everywhere! Plus [name_m]Cas[/name_m] for a boy seems to be getting really popular.

I like so many of these. It’s hard to pick.
Boys would be [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m]. Girls would be [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and [name_f]Elodie[/name_f].

1 Like

@elleplume [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] has made a past list too, love it!

Here’s last year’s :point_down:

Best Baby Names 2020 | Nameberry

1 Like