Best flow

What pattern would flow best with a one syllable last name? I’m 2-2-1 now (used to be 2-2-2) and my husband is 2-3-1. Does a short first name sound choppy with a short last name? Thanks for your help!

We have a one-syllable last name, and I love it because it goes with almost anything. With a one-syllable first name, it sounds balanced and no-nonsense; with a two- or three-syllable name, it punctuates the whole name like a nice landing. My husband is 2-2-1, as is his brother. I’m 2-1-3-1 (kept my maiden name with my married name added to the end, partially because of the flow).

I would say I’m not as interested in one-syllable first names as I might otherwise be, though we’re still considering them. It’s great having the freedom to choose a three- or even four-syllable name without worrying that it would be too much of a mouthful. I hadn’t thought about it until now, but I’ve ended up avoiding names where the emphasis is on the last syllable (like [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] or [name_u]Simone[/name_u], even though I like those names), because that makes things feel a little heavy toward the back end.