Best Friends Name

So i had a dream where a little girl told me the two names I could choose from that she wanted to be called, ‘Letise or [name]Odette[/name]’ I got all excited told my Mum, my DH and then rang my best friend…who replied with ‘please dont steal my favourite name’…Dum Dum.

I asked her if she had told me this name before and she said she did not know but she had it on the top of her baby name list for a while.
I did not think I had heard of the name before and had to google it earlier that morning to find out if they were real names or not. I told her this, but she said I must have over heard her say it some where…But I am pretty sure I had not.

So I said that maybe I had heard it and not remembered, it seems plausable and said I would not use it…but [name]Odette[/name] it is still one of the names I can not shake, it feels right.

Letise does not suit our last name it sounds like Lettuce Whitefield = Lettuce Feild.

But [name]Odette[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] Whitefield that seems right
What do I do?

BEAUTIFUL NAME. [name]Do[/name] not let this deter you from using a name you love.

Is your friend pregnant with a daughter as well?

This is one thing I cannot stand about people… getting angry over names. I am sure that you and your friend do not have the same last name… she can easily use [name]Odette[/name] as well.

I do not believe in passing up a name because it is already “claimed”.

Stay true to you… your spouse… and future bundle of joy.

Good luck.

No she is not pregnant, we are trying to concieve so it is still early day’s for us.

But she is still single and has an ever evolving name list for when in the future she does meet someone.

Um yeah that’s absolutely ridiculous. She can use the name too. You can use any name you choose.
It is not fair for you to be restricted.
[name]Do[/name] not even think twice about it… although I am sure your friend will not be thrilled but whatever… no true friends act like that!!

[name]Odessa[/name] is a really nice name too if you want to change it up a bit. I cannot use this name as my Aunt stole it :frowning: [name]Love[/name] it though.

I doubt [name]Odette[/name] is her special secret baby name she has had in her hope chest since she was a little girl. I wouldn’t bring it up to her again until you have a sonogram with a little girl fetus. Then you can talk to BFF and see if [name]Odette[/name] is still “her name.” The situation may resolve itself if she has a new favorite.

Hmm thats a very good Idea, I will get her to help me look at names and then hopefully she will decide on a new name that was not one from my dream. Thanks.