See the results of this poll: Best combo is-

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Celia Juniper: 12 (63%)
  • Celia Poesie: 2 (11%)
  • Celia Hesper: 2 (11%)
  • Celia Amaranthe: 3 (16%)
  • Celia Vivi: 0 (0%)

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Bella[/name]!

First of all, I love the name [name]Celia[/name]! On most sites, it’s listed as a diminutive of [name]Cecilia[/name], meaning “blind”, though… Could you show me your source? That definition might make some sense, since [name]Celeste[/name] means “heavenly”, and [name]Celia[/name] could probably work as a [name]Celeste[/name] nickname… At any rate, I definitely prefer “[name]Heaven[/name]” to “blind”!

Did you say your last name was Rhymes in your last post?

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] is my favorite. [name]Juniper[/name] is one of my favorite middle names, and I love it with [name]Celia[/name]! A great balance of sweet, spunky, classic, and modern. However the R’s in junipeR Rhymes run into each other a bit…

[name]Celia[/name] Poesie is very pretty! I think that [name]Poesy[/name] is the original spelling, though. When I was narrowing down your choices, I decided not to go with this because of the repeating S sounds. It isn’t really an issue, but maybe [name]Celia[/name] Poesie Rhymes is a bit lispy… Like I said, not exactly an issue…

[name]Celia[/name] Hesper- [name]Celia[/name] Hesper Rhymes has the not-exactly-issues that [name]Celia[/name] Poesie Rhymes and [name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] Rhymes have, but I prefer [name]Poesy[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name] to Hesper.

[name]Celia[/name] Amaranthe- Amaranthe is cool, but the A’s at the end of [name]Celia[/name] and at the beginning of Amaranthe sort of run into each other. What about [name]Celia[/name] [name]Calanthe[/name] Rhymes?

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Vivi[/name]- I think that [name]Vivi[/name] makes [name]Celia[/name] very lively and energetic, but I prefer some of the others since [name]Vivi[/name] is just a nickname. If you’re interested in using two middle names, what about [name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Vivi[/name] Rhymes?

So, my favorite is [name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name], but if memory serves and your last name is Rhymes, I would suggest [name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] [name]Vivi[/name] Rhymes or [name]Celia[/name] [name]Calanthe[/name] Rhymes.

:smiley:

[name]CELIA[/name]
Usage: English, Spanish, Italian
Feminine form of the [name]Roman[/name] family name CAELIUS. It was used by [name]Shakespeare[/name] in his play ‘As You Like It’ (1599), which introduced the name to the English-speaking world. It is sometimes used as a short form of [name]CECILIA[/name].

CAELIUS
Usage: Ancient [name]Roman[/name]
[name]Roman[/name] family name which was derived from Latin caelum meaning “heaven”.

I like [name]Celia[/name] [name]Juniper[/name] best.

Thanks!

In [name]Italy[/name] I visited a few churches with Celi (heaven) in the name, but the pn was more like “[name]Chey[/name]-lee” or “Chelly”, even [name]Cecelia[/name] was sometimes pn with “ch” sound instead of “s” sound. Pn varies of course depending on who you ask, however, I think that the pn sometimes has to do with the root word so I’d expect [name]Celia[/name] pn Chelia to mean heaven and [name]Celia[/name] pn Sealia to mean blind. [name]IMO[/name] both awesome names anyway :slight_smile: