Best nn to pair with brother nn Wyc

Hey berries — I’m going to try this the other way round. Thanks for your help!

Recap — Bubs is due Feb. Bubs may or may not be a boy.

So, baby has a brother with the nickname Wyc. (See my card for a link to Wyc’s name story.) We love everything about Wyc’s name. But we’re struggling to put together a second boy nn we love as much.

We really want something that feels like a match in uniqueness, and doesn’t feel like the two boy names are unweighted. (It also should fit on with our girl names, but that’s easier.)

So, leaving aside all our naming rules, what sort of nn do you reckon would make a good match with Wyc?

3 Likes

I like [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] for the meaning but thats all I got :grin:

1 Like

After reading the backstory on Wyc, these names come to mind. They have an older feel like [name_m]Wycliffe[/name_m] and most can be shortened to one syllable. Would you put the nickname name in the third spot again?

[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]- [name_m]Jas[/name_m], [name_m]Jason[/name_m], [name_u]Jazz[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]- Bash
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]- [name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]- [name_u]Beck[/name_u], Becks
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]- [name_m]Len[/name_m], [name_u]Lenny[/name_u] if you don’t mind a 2 syllable
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]- [name_m]Dez[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]- [name_u]Sully[/name_u], again 2 syllable
[name_u]Callahan[/name_u]- [name_u]Cal[/name_u]
[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u]- [name_m]Fin[/name_m]

1 Like

Jordan-Joe, [name_m]Jordy[/name_m]
Levi-Lev
Leon-Lee,Leo
Logan-Lo
Halden-Hal
Westley-Wes

1 Like

I’ve been anticipating this post since your girls name post!
looked around through my long list and came up with ten suggestions that I feel have a similar feel and accessible [name_u]Nick[/name_u] name like your sons name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] his name by the way.
I’ll include meanings and [name_u]Nick[/name_u] name ideas, I didn’t look back through your children’s names so some of them may be too similar but here are my favourites for you…

[name_u]Alcott[/name_u] - dweller at the old cottage - [name_m]Al[/name_m] or At or Cott or Alc
[name_m]Bayard[/name_m] - russet haired - [name_u]Bay[/name_u] or [name_m]Bear[/name_m] or [name_m]Bard[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m] - swiftness - [name_u]Bo[/name_u]
[name_m]Bramwell[/name_m] - well where the gorse grows - [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Bromley[/name_m] - meadow where broom grows - [name_m]Brom[/name_m]
[name_m]Enoch[/name_m] - dedicated - E
[name_u]Forsythe[/name_u] - man of peace - Force ( love this for you)
[name_m]Hartford[/name_m] or Hartfield - [name_m]Hart[/name_m] means deer and [name_m]Ford[/name_m] & field are good nature names - [name_m]Hart[/name_m]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m] - excellence - [name_m]Jeth[/name_m]
[name_m]Rainhart[/name_m] - powerful advice - [name_u]Rain[/name_u] or [name_m]Hart[/name_m]

Congrats again!

3 Likes

With Wyc, I’d consider the nicknames…

[name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_u]Sully[/name_u]
[name_u]Cass[/name_u]
[name_m]Ike[/name_m]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_m]Thad[/name_m]
[name_m]Hal[/name_m]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_m]Seb[/name_m]
[name_m]Abe[/name_m]
[name_u]Tully[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonty[/name_m]

2 Likes

Initial ideas…

[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_u]Jory[/name_u]
[name_m]Dez[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_m]Tolly[/name_m]
[name_u]Bo[/name_u]
[name_u]Pip[/name_u]
[name_f]Ro[/name_f]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u]

1 Like

@MissMarshall — [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Art[/name_m], and it’s actually a family name, though not a close one. Also, thanks for asking about the third name thing. We’re really torn about this. We didn’t really want to set third name as a trend, but we’re fighting with two honour names that we love and want to use and work together well, but don’t turn into apt nicknames.

For the full tale of woe — years ago we had a few boy name combos. When Wyc came after so many girls, we chickened out and combined all our favourite bits into one name so as not to miss out. We love what we ended up with, but it’s left us short.

2 Likes

@Victory55 - [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is on our girls list. And [name_m]Wes[/name_m] is definitely appealing too, though it would set a W trend “Wyc and Wes”.

@DinosaursRoar - I love that you were looking for this! I love Alc and [name_m]Bard[/name_m], and also [name_u]Jet[/name_u] (without the h).

@Greyblue - you’re a genius at matching style. Some awesome names on this list, especially [name_u]Ren[/name_u] and [name_m]Thad[/name_m].

@QuirkFlower - [name_u]Pip[/name_u] has been a top contender for years. It’s actually in one of the two full names we’ve been leaning towards for baby. So I love this confirmation. Our hang up is that it would be the third name again. So we’d be setting a trend of using the third name as the daily name. Also, that the full name wed want to use for [name_u]Pip[/name_u] = [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is bland. The Biblical [name_m]Philip[/name_m] is a huge hero of ours. But the name has been just sitting flat recently, probably bc we know so many adult Phil’s. We’ll see.

1 Like

I love your family’s names!

A few ideas that I think would fit:
Laz (Lazarus)
[name_u]Jet[/name_u] (Jethro)
[name_m]Art[/name_m] (Arthur) [I have an [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] so I’m partial to this one :yellow_heart:]
[name_m]Thad[/name_m] (Thaddeus)

2 Likes

It’s a mean feat starting from a nickname and working backwards toward the full name. I hope this at least sparks some inspiration for you.

I’ll suggest [name_u]Rye[/name_u], [name_u]Tate[/name_u], [name_m]Cap[/name_m], [name_m]Gibb[/name_m], [name_m]Burke[/name_m], [name_u]Oak[/name_u], [name_u]Dell[/name_u], Hobb, [name_m]Vin[/name_m], [name_u]Sid[/name_u], [name_u]Loy[/name_u], Taz, [name_m]Gil[/name_m], [name_m]Fitz[/name_m], [name_u]Isa[/name_u], [name_m]Todd[/name_m], [name_m]Chet[/name_m], [name_m]Rollo[/name_m], [name_m]Sim[/name_m], [name_m]Judd[/name_m], [name_m]Kip[/name_m], [name_m]Bart[/name_m], [name_u]Noel[/name_u], [name_m]Lalo[/name_m], [name_u]Hodge[/name_u], [name_m]Jock[/name_m], Hop, Fry, [name_m]Daw[/name_m], [name_m]Bax[/name_m], [name_m]Holt[/name_m] and [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m].

2 Likes

[name_m]Milton[/name_m]
Mycroft “mike myc”
Fenwick
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u] “penn”
[name_m]Stetson[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyprian[/name_m]
[name_m]Drystan[/name_m]
[name_u]Elysian[/name_u]
Hastings
Lockhart “hart”
[name_m]Melchior[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] “shep”
Weatherby

would be my suggestions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Grateful for each of you taking the time. Some awesome suggestions.

And good news. [name_f]My[/name_f] wife and I, on a date today, resolved on both a boy and a girl name. And we’re pretty excited.

So I suppose, case closed… for now.

4 Likes

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to hear it! That is the ultimate goal.

1 Like

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] - [name_m]Raff[/name_m]
[name_m]Beowulf[/name_m] - Beo
[name_u]Foxglove[/name_u] - [name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_u]Forsythe[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] - [name_u]Dash[/name_u]
Arist - [name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_f]Alchemy[/name_f]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
Mycroft
[name_m]Faramir[/name_m]
[name_m]Endymion[/name_m]

1 Like

Laz for [name_m]Lazarus[/name_m] is super cool! [name_u]Or[/name_u] even [name_m]Lazlo[/name_m]. I know a little Laz/Lazzy. His grandpa shares the name, and it suits them both!

2 Likes