Best Sib Set for Only Girl

See the results of this poll: Which fits our sib set best?

Respondents: 80 (This poll is closed)

• Collier, Fitz & Isla : 18 (23%)
  • Collier, Fitz & Norah : 38 (48%)
  • Collier, Fitz & Adelaide: 24 (30%)

I’d go [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f].

This is a very tough choice as they all work well! While I prefer the [name_f]Nora[/name_f] spelling personally, I think I’m ultimately leaning toward [name_f]Norah[/name_f] here. The 3 feel very early 20th century together.

I voted [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] but may have gone with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] if it had been that spelling. I think that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] doesn’t fit the style (early 20th Centuryish?) as she feels too modern.

You say that her brothers “go by” [name_m]Collier[/name_m] and [name_m]Fitz[/name_m], so I assume those are nicknames, and in that case I’d give their sister a longer name with a nickname as well.

I voted for [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], and I adore the nickname [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nicknamed [name_f]Nora[/name_f] would also have gotten my vote. :slight_smile:

I love the names [name_m]Collier[/name_m] and [name_m]Fitz[/name_m]! Both are known but unique/uncommon, and unexpected so I would love to see the same for your little girl. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is probably closest to that criteria and I like the suggestion of nickname [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] as [name_f]Addie[/name_f] feels too overused and common next to her brothers’ names. Additional suggestions…

[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ziva[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Anja[/name_f]/[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Arielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Justine[/name_f]

Thanks @wittyusername103.
My hangup with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f] bc it’s SO common where I live, so I’d want her to go by her full name.

@whitegardenia,
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] works as an option? TBH, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my favorite of the bunch and it isn’t super common where I live, but I hate that it’s gotten more common :frowning:

I do like your suggestion of [name_f]Willa[/name_f], but Fit’s first name is [name_m]William[/name_m], so I can’t use that!

@brittanyanitarose

Thank you!! We are finding it hard to agree! My husband prefers [name_f]Norah[/name_f] spelling and I don’t have much of an opinion about the spelling!

[name_m]Fitz[/name_m], [name_m]Collier[/name_m] {and} [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would, stylistically, be the best fit.

I actually love [name_m]Collier[/name_m], [name_m]Fitz[/name_m], and [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! I think even though they aren’t a perfect match, they go together well enough that I can definitely imagine siblings with these names. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is sweet and spunky, and my favorite name from your choices.
My second choice would be [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! I think its pretty and fits in nicely.

I like [name_f]Norah[/name_f], just not this spelling, sorry. I also love the name [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], but I think theres a strong chance shed be called [name_f]Addie[/name_f] (even just by friends), and you said you’re not a fan of the nickname!

I love all of them with your boys’ names for different reasons! I ended up voting for [name_f]Norah[/name_f] (although I do prefer it without the ‘h’), but [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is really cute too. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], however, is my favorite out of all of them, it just fits in with your sibset perfectly, it’s not super popular, and it’ll age well too.
Congrats, and I hope you pick a name you love!

Thanks @regionlatbest [name_f]Isla[/name_f] has been my long-standing girl favorite since before my first was born, and it’s still my favorite, but I worry a little about it’s popularity! My husband is having a hard tim getting over the meaning of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], so we are at a stalemate for now :joy:

[name_m]Collier[/name_m] and [name_m]Fitz[/name_m] give me vintage, slightly hipster vibes. I think [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] suits that perfectly! [name_f]Isla[/name_f] feels too modern, and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sort of works, but maybe not enough?

I think you can’t go wrong with any of them, honestly, I voted for [name_f]Nora[/name_f] but then read your comments and I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with your boys’ names (which are fab by the way). I think they all have this very cool vintage charm to them that just works.

I 100% agree with your hesitation on [name_f]Addie[/name_f]. It’s very common where I live also. I don’t think I’d worry too much about forcing a nickname even though the boys go by them. The girl names are strong enough to stand on their own and still short enough not to be a mouthful.

Congratulations! [name_u]Baby[/name_u] girls are soooo much fun!

@nemama

Thanks! Hoping I can get my husband on board for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. Playing around with a couple other options that put [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] in the middle spot and using a nickname instead. [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lula[/name_f]? My husband has the same fear that nn [name_f]Addie[/name_f] is unavoidable! Thanks for your comments!

I voted for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]…the name to me is light & bright & matches [name_m]Collier[/name_m] & [name_m]Fitz[/name_m] the best. I like [name_f]Nora[/name_f] as well, but my mental image of [name_f]Nora[/name_f] doesn’t go w/[name_m]Fitz[/name_m] & [name_m]Collier[/name_m]…more like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] & [name_m]Gervais[/name_m]. [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] seems too long to me, & [name_f]Addie[/name_f] also seems unavoidable as a nn at some point. (I also finally realized that any of the [name_u]Ade[/name_u]- names subconsciously make me think of the word addled…) I’m not fond of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] because of an unattractive character in a book, unfortunately, but that’s just me. Are you thinking of Gaelic/Celtic names in general?

One of my daughters is named [name_f]Lula[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] so obviously I think it’s a lovely name. We call her [name_f]Lu[/name_f]. Personally I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] better than [name_f]Louise[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] but either works :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] would be lovely with your boys.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_m]Fitz[/name_m] and [name_m]Collier[/name_m]

And [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is gorgeous!

@bobcat108 thanks! [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my fav of the bunch. I appreciate all your feedback! If the names I’ve listed are Gaelic/Celtic, it’s completely unintentional so I’m open to other suggestions!