Best Unisex Name?

See the results of this poll: Best Unisex Name?

Respondents: 12 (This poll is closed)

• Wilson (Will) : 1 (6%)
  • Evangeline (Evan) : 3 (18%)
  • Kennedy (Ken/Kenny) : 5 (29%)
  • Carter : 0 (0%)
  • Truman (Tru) : 1 (6%)
  • Reagan: 7 (41%)

I like [name]Lincoln[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] together a lot. [name]Evangeline[/name] is such a classy, pretty name and the nn [name]Evan[/name] really suits what you’re going for, I think. I also voted for [name]Kennedy[/name], since I love the presidential correlation. I like all your choices, though, haha, the only one I probably wouldn’t vote for would be [name]Carter[/name]… it’s a fine name, just not for me.

I agree, [name]Evangeline[/name] is quite classy, and I do like the name a lot–The family itself isn’t classy at all though. The father is very brutish, and the mother is quite sweet. Because of the father’s imposing attitude, I think he would have been adamant about the children’s names…I think he would be very patriotic, and would therefore choose Presidential names. He’s the kind of man who wants his children to be strong and tough, like himself, so I think he might have chosen fitting names, despite the daughter’s gender. [name]Evangeline[/name] seems too feminine for a man like this, who insists on using the full forms of his children’s names. Maybe for her middle name? Also, if the nickname was “[name]Evan[/name]”, that would be quite a masculine nickname and wouldn’t cause any confusion at all among [name]Link[/name]'s friends. I do love [name]Evangeline[/name], and wish I could use it, but I don’t think it fits into the story as well as it could.

I like [name]Carter[/name], I’m an intern at a school and I have a girl [name]Carter[/name] she is very petite and All-American looking but very tom-boyish and smart. It fits her like a t. Not sure what background you have worked out for the character. My student is [name]Carter[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

I don’t know… I think it’s complicated. I mean, if they saw the text, and it just said [name]Ken[/name], I would assume they would assume that was a boy, too! Same for [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Will[/name]/[name]Wilson[/name]. If I saw [name]Tru[/name] I would think girl, but [name]Truman[/name] I would think boy. [name]Reagan[/name] is the only one where I really wouldn’t know. But I think it would be awesome for [name]Link[/name] to get this text from “[name]Evan[/name]” and everyone think it was a boy or something, and then bam, [name]Evan[/name] shows up, and BAM, she’s a girl! bahaha.

I would love writing that scene, but maybe that’s not quite what you’re looking for. If you really want something that they see as truly unisex, I would go for [name]Reagan[/name]. I would honestly go with [name]Evangeline[/name] nn [name]Evan[/name], though, haha, I think that would be so funny to write [name]Link[/name]‘s friends’ reactions, haha.

That’s exactly the point, [name]Ash[/name]–[name]Link[/name]'s friends need to be confused; the whole time before the text, and even before the story, they don’t know if [name]Link[/name] is gay, straight, bi, or anything else, because he keeps the answer a closely guarded secret. He is not known to have any dates, or ever heard to have accepted an offer from either sex. This is the point where his friends say, “This may be the only chance we have to find this out”. I don’t want to give away the ending of this sub-plot :wink: But those are the basics. Yes, I definitely think [name]Reagan[/name] is the way to go, the other names are more-or-less single sex when you examine them. Also, I think that [name]Link[/name] and [name]Ray[/name] [name]North[/name] make cute siblings together!
Thanks so much for all your help, guys!