Best "You can call me Ginny" name?

See the results of this poll: Pick your favorite "Call me Ginny" name from here

Respondents: 84 (This poll is closed)

• Virginia : 33 (39%)
  • Guinevere : 5 (6%)
  • Genevieve : 18 (21%)
  • Geneva : 11 (13%)
  • Ginevra: 17 (20%)

[name]Love[/name] [name]Virginia[/name].
Almost voted for [name]Ginevra[/name], and am surprised it’s not getting more love!

I also love [name]Ginny[/name] for [name]Ginger[/name] but I know a lot of people don’t care for [name]Ginger[/name].

I like the [name]Gen[/name]- names above, but [name]Genny[/name]/[name]Jenny[/name] just seems like it would be so much more intuitive.

[name]Guinevere[/name] is a nice enough name, I don’t love it the way many on NB do but it’s fine - I just think Guin/[name]Gwen[/name] is so much more intuitive.

I’m generally flexible with nicknames though so I don’t even think it’s like you can’t use [name]Ginny[/name] for any of these - I just think it will be easier to get it to “stick” with other people with [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Ginevra[/name].

I like [name]Geneva[/name] best!

Have you also considered [name]Georgina[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name]?

I like [name]Genevieve[/name] the most so I voted for that, but I don’t care for the nickname/name [name]Ginny[/name]/[name]Jenny[/name].

I voted for [name]Virginia[/name], my love for the name stems from a [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name] song which is absolutely gorgeous.
Also love [name]Geneva[/name].
I’m a little bit fed up with [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Guinevere[/name]. I like [name]Ginevra[/name] okay, but not the ‘vra’ part, it seems like it’s missing a vowel, like you ran out of space and decided to leave it out or something.

I like [name]Genoveva[/name] as well, I love O’s and here they somehow make the name seem very different from [name]Genevieve[/name].

Edit: I completely forgot about Regina! LOVE Regina nn Ginny ^^

I voted for [name]Ginevra[/name]. I see that [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are tied. For the record (and this may only apply to the ones I know), not a single [name]Virginia[/name] I know likes her name. My grandmother’s full name is [name]Virginia[/name] but she’s always gone by [name]Jenny[/name] or [name]Jenny[/name] [name]Ann[/name]. The others go by [name]Ginny[/name]/[name]Jenny[/name], [name]Ginger[/name], or another name all together.

[name]Ginevra[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], & [name]Genevieve[/name].

my favourite would always be [name]Georgiana[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Geneva[/name]. Ultimately voted for [name]Geneva[/name].

[name]Regina[/name] is my favorite.

I know a [name]Ginny[/name] but her real name is [name]Katelyn[/name], not sure how that connection was made haha

I voted for [name]Virginia[/name]. Most of the others have a close sound to [name]Ginny[/name] but not quite there; [name]Virginia[/name] actually contains that exact sound and is really cute too :slight_smile:

I love [name]Geneva[/name]!

I voted for [name]Geneva[/name]! I think [name]Ginny[/name] is a little more obvious for [name]Virginia[/name], because for the others I’d be more inclined to pronounce “[name]Gen[/name]” as, well, [name]Jen[/name], but it could definitely work.I can see [name]Geneva[/name] being pronounced more like “Jih-neva” as in Jif peanut butter, giving you the [name]Ginny[/name] nickname!

I voted [name]Guinevere[/name] with [name]Virginia[/name] is a close second.

But I would put [name]Ginger[/name] or [name]Georgina[/name] as personal preferences

[name]Genevieve[/name]- I know Virgina is the most common [name]Ginny[/name] name, but I think [name]Genevieve[/name] is more current and versatile.

I voted [name]Ginevra[/name], it’s my favorite, but I like [name]Virginia[/name], too.