Betty's Wok and Noodle Cafe

[name]Just[/name] went on a trip to [name]Boston[/name] to drop my daughter off at college. She doesn’t go to college in [name]Boston[/name] - it just was a somewhat nearby airport. My husband and I had a very tearful goodbye with our daughter [name]Laura[/name]. Then we attempted to eat dinner. The next day we drove to [name]Salem[/name] and Gloucester. Very pretty!
That night we were at our hotel in [name]Boston[/name]. We decided to go eat at [name]Betty[/name]'s Wok and Noodle Cafe. So hip and so good. Makes me love the name [name]Betty[/name]. Has anyone ever eaten there? You can customize your own noodle and veggie dish. You get to pick your vegetables, protein, and sauce. Loved it.

Sorry, it’s actually called [name]Betty[/name]'s Wok and Noodle Diner and it’s across from the [name]Symphony[/name].

[name]Bet[/name] you miss [name]Laura[/name], [name]Susan[/name]. Wonder whether we need a new forum that’s more about life and less about names?

Yeah, [name]Pam[/name], we do miss [name]Laura[/name]. But we are doing pretty well. :slight_smile: Our son lives nearby, and we just saw him yesterday. And [name]Laura[/name] either texts, I.M.s, or sends some kind of communication almost every day.
It would be great to have a forum about life issues. I have had tons of intense life issues lately. That’s why I haven’t been on the boards as much as in the past.

[name]Susan[/name] I missed you not being here so much, I feel like the last of the old guard. Now that the kids have left home it is time to travel. So write a list of your favourite destinations and put Australia at the top of your list! :lol:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Rollo[/name],
I have been posting on Nameberry sometimes over the summer. But there are so many posts that mine got buried. Yes, someday I hope to go to Australia! If we go, we will certainly let you know.
The first week that [name]Laura[/name] was gone, it was very sad. But it’s amazing that mothers and fathers can adjust to the empty nest most of the time. Many of my friends are going through the same thing. One of my friends is calling me two or three times a week to talk about her partial empty nest. Her son is still at home.
I have another friend who had a very stormy relationship with her daughter who is also about to go to college. I bet my friend will miss all the arguments. It’s funny what you miss the most!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Susan[/name],

Yes, being an empty nester takes some adjustment. As you know mine have been out of the nest for a long time. I know how you feel as I missed my son so much when he went overseas on a working holiday.

In a few years you will probably be like me trying to find names to “help” one of your children name your impending grandchild and that is great fun for us nameberries.

Take care,

Hugs,

rollo

Yes, one day I will probably have a little grandchild to name. But I can’t get too involved unless I’m asked for advice. My son is dating such a nice girl with red hair. I hope that someday they get married.