Between two names

I’m between two names. One name that I will use is [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], whether it’s a first or middle. I’m currently between [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] or [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. Both names have a deeper meaning to me. I’m currently going by [name_m]Kian[/name_m] with family, college and healthcare professionals, so I also don’t want to choose anything too different. It also looks like the name [name_m]Kian[/name_m] is starting to become more popular according to a name app I have as well, and wasn’t too popular in the decade I was born either.

I’m considering [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] because it can mean “dog”, and I learned a bit more history regarding the name with one of the latest replies on my other thread. (Which I absolutely love the deeper meaning, so thanks to ashthedreamer). Though, I’m still not quite 100% sold on it. I’m also planning on working in a career focused on animals.

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] I’m considering because of the meaning “sea”. A few years ago I went to see my aunt (technically second cousin), she’s quite spiritual and asked if she could perform tarot cards. After talking for a while, she mentions that I should be by the ocean/sea (doesn’t have to be permanently, but to at least visit). That was 5-6 years ago, and I still remember her saying that. So that’s one of the reasons I’m considering [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. It’s also similar to my given name if I want to keep a bit of my past.

I think I’m leaning more towards [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] last name also starts with L and is one syllable.

1 Like

If you’re planning on going by [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], I’d go with [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] to make things simpler - plus [name_u]Kai[/name_u] is really cool

1 Like

@ashthedreamer (you were mentioned in this post, and I just wanted to make sure you saw it!)

If you’re leaning towards [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u], I prefer [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]!

1 Like

Thank you for the tag! :heart:

@Radar7 - glad you liked the deeper meaning for [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]! :heart: I am a huge [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] fan, so I prefer [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] myself, but it seems like you’re leaning toward [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], so I agree with everyone else I would go with that. Although I would love to be able to convince you to do two middles and go for [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] personally. I love the name [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and I know so many Ryans. I’m also not a huge fan of the repeated “eye” sound in [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u].

1 Like

Looking at both your posts… I would stick with where you’re leaning. [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] seems to be the winner. Plus maybe it’s just me but [name_u]Kai[/name_u] seems to make [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] shine a bit more.

1 Like

From what you’ve written, it seems like [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] is what you’re leaning toward. I love the imagery of the ocean from [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. [name_u]Trust[/name_u] your instincts, it’s a great name! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ryan [name_u]Kai[/name_u] is my preference for you. :slight_smile: