Beverly

I’ve been thinking about the name [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] a lot lately, since we’ve settled on it as a middle name for our daughter. I think it might be up there with [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] and [name_f]Linda[/name_f] as one of the top names of honor-worthy women that can be tough to translate into modern tastes. We’ve decided to use it straight up, but here are some ideas for anyone out there looking for them:

[name_f]Verbena[/name_f] [name_u]Lyn[/name_u]: has all of the same letters as [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], but rearranged. [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] is a beautiful but probably too out there name for me, and [name_u]Lyn[/name_u] is the middle is just not my style…but maybe someone else has a [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] to honor who it’d be perfect for.

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f]: I have a first name I’m absolutely committed to and a strong preference for sticking to just one middle name, otherwise this would be extremely tempting. I think the combo together flows really nicely, while the “[name_f]Ver[/name_f]” syllable is distinctive enough to emphasize the intended honor.