Beverly?

Hello berries! I recently fell in love with [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]. What are your thoughts and opinions on it? Is it really out dated? And does it work in 2020? And does it go with [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] as siblings? And middle name suggestions are always welcomed

It does feel very mid-century to me, whereas [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] feels vintage yet fresh. Not saying they couldn’t work as sisters, but I don’t necessarily think they’re a “perfect” match.

Beverly [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]

1 Like

I like it! It does automatically make me think of [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Hills[/name_f], but if you don’t mind the connection go for it!

1 Like

I personally think it’s a really lovely name! [name_f]My[/name_f] only concern is how others may react to it. Perhaps it’s too old-fashioned seeming for some! In saying this, I would love to see [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] make a comeback and would delight in seeing it used :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sold. Makes me think of 80s big hair and bad makeup.
Quite like [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] or [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] or [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] which I think are similar ?

I definitely like it but I’m a bit biased, my best friend is [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], maybe because of that I can see it more as an unexpected middle, but I’d also love to see it as a first.

1 Like

Beverly feels slightly fresher due to its similarity to [name_u]Everly[/name_u]. It’s quite nice

1 Like

I really think [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] is cute. The similarity to [name_u]Everly[/name_u] makes it feel less dated.

1 Like

So I actually know a little [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], about age 5, and it wears quite well today. At first, I thought it sounded so dated and couldn’t believe someone would choose it in the 2010s, but I eventually grew to like it. It definitely feels very unexpected today! This little [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] goes by “[name_f]Bevvy[/name_f]”, which is super cute!

I definitely agree with what @futuremama said about it as a sister name for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

Middle name suggestions:
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

1 Like

Love
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
Thank you!

1 Like

Love:
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
Thank you!

1 Like

A bevvy in [name_f]England[/name_f] is an alcoholic drink in some parts of the UK.

I think it goes well with the sibling names you have. To me, it’s got a “grandma” classic feel that can come back.

I love the name [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]! I think it would pair well as a sister to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f].

Maybe stick with the trendier [name_u]Everly[/name_u]? If not I love [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]!

1 Like

I’m not sure about [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]. On the one hand, I feel like it could work - like others have mentioned it has it’s similarity to trendy [name_u]Everly[/name_u] and the immediate pop culture connection I have to it is [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]King[/name_m]’s It where there’s a teen girl named [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] - but at the same time my first gut reaction was it seems a little older/outdated that may be on the brink of a comeback but not quite there yet for me

2 Likes

To me [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] feels extremely dated. I just can’t imagine it on a child today, especially next to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], which has such a fresh, spunky sort of vintage feel. I also don’t like the nickname [name_f]Bev[/name_f], which seems inevitable (and as a previous poster said, a bevvy is a colloquial term for an alcoholic beverage… not that that’s a big deal). Sorry, I wish I could say I felt differently about it!

2 Likes

Gosh, I wished I liked it. The sound is grating to my American ears; I think it would be prettier in a different accent, though. I know a [name_f]Beverly[/name_f], maybe 13 years old, and it still hasn’t grown on me.

1 Like

I’m due in [name_u]January[/name_u] 2021 and we’re pretty committed to naming our daughter [name_f]Beverly[/name_f]! It was my SO’s mother’s name and it means a lot to him to honor her. I had always assumed it would be a middle name but I thought about it and it grew on me a lot as a first name. It reminds me of [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] [name_m]Cleary[/name_m] and seems wholesome and sweet to me. It’s not common but not unfamiliar…and I would think since [name_u]Everly[/name_u] is popular, the sound of it probably doesn’t sound really bad to people? [name_f]My[/name_f] mother was taken aback when we told her but it’s grown on her too, and I expect to get a few raised eyebrows and comments like “You don’t hear that often nowadays!” But it’s a nice, pleasant sounding name I think, that is simply associated with a different era.

2 Likes

I don’t think [name_f]Beverly[/name_f] is too outdated. I’ve been seeing it more commonly over the past few years, but it’s definitely not overused. i love the way it goes with [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

1 Like