bf ruins all my hypothetical fun!

He’s turned down [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Katharina[/name], and nickname [name]Ella[/name] (haven’t given up on that one!).

He said “maybe a middle name” to [name]Evangeline[/name]/[name]Evangelina[/name].

Name he DOES like? [name]Anastasia[/name].

So, I am in a rut. Can you throw me any girls’ names which go well with [name]Anastasia[/name] and last name sounding like “W!gg!ns”? Four or five syllables preferred!

[name]Shame[/name] he doesn’t like [name]Cordelia[/name]! What about:

[name]Isadora[/name]*
[name]Octavia[/name]*
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]*
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]*
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]/[name]Aureliana[/name]
[name]Appolonia[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Astoria[/name]
[name]Alexandria[/name]
[name]Elisabet[/name]/[name]Elisabetta[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
[name]Aloisa[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Fionnuala[/name]
[name]Cassiopeia[/name]/[name]Cassiopia[/name]*
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Esmeralda[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Filomena[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
Leocadie/[name]Leocadia[/name]/[name]Elocadia[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]

• names I think compliment [name]Anastasia[/name] nicely.

Sorry for repeats:

[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Clementina[/name]
[name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Fiammetta[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Fiorella[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Amalia[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Emiliana[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Elysia[/name]
[name]Ursuline[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Margaretta[/name]
[name]Eloisa[/name]
Alodia
[name]Amarantha[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Giulietta[/name]
[name]Noelia[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Genoveva[/name]

Thanks so much for the replies. These are gorgeous lists. I just really wanted to get some other people’s perspectives.

Some of these I have, of course, considered already (especially [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Margaretta[/name], [name]Magdalena[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Fiorella[/name], [name]Leonora[/name], [name]Leocadia[/name]).

irisrose, you had [name]Amarantha[/name] on your list. That is the name I would really like instead of [name]Anastasia[/name]. I like [name]Anastasia[/name], but I think I like [name]Amarantha[/name] more. It’s at the point where I think her name would have to be [name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Amarantha[/name] or [name]Amarantha[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]. Is that ridiculous? ([name]Even[/name] if you say yes, I might do it anyway!) Or would it be permissible to actually have siblings named [name]Anastasia[/name] and [name]Amarantha[/name]? I don’t know which would be worse, saddling one little girl with both names or giving two little girls both names.

opinions, anyone???

[name]Anastasia[/name] [name]Amarantha[/name] or [name]Amarantha[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] is quite a mouthful. The thing is is that they’re SO similar. You definently can’t use them as first names for sisters because of that, and it almost sounds like you’re giving your daughter the same name. If I were you I’d choose one of these names and opt for a shorter middle name, and if you can’t let the other name go, save it for a middle name for a possible future sibling.

I agree, they are a little too much together (in one name OR as siblings). If you want to use both, I would pick your favorite to use as the first name of your first daughter, and save the other one to use as a middle name for your possible future 2nd daughter.

I think [name]Amarantha[/name] is an awesome name…hadn’t heard of it before!

Thanks guys… Guess it just comes down to if I can get him to realize [name]Amarantha[/name] is a cooler name than [name]Anastasia[/name] or not… :-\

One last question on this…

If I gave in and said it’s his kid, too, and I’ve always liked [name]Anastasia[/name], so let’s just go with [name]Anastasia[/name]… do you think it’s too popular? I know there were 1,000 Anastasias born last year. I haven’t met any of them. Have you?!

I’ve never met an [name]Anastasia[/name], and 1000 born last year isnt a lot. I think it’s fair game!
I think though mabey you should pick either [name]Anastasia[/name] or [name]Amarantha[/name], and whoevers name didnt get picked gets to choose a nickname. Like if you go for your bfs [name]Anastasia[/name], then you get to pick a nickname or vice versa. Sorry if this adds more stress on your behalf, but if you have to nix [name]Amarantha[/name] picking a nickname for your daughter might make up for it! :smiley:
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

I like both, and while [name]Amarantha[/name] is definitely more unique, [name]Anastasia[/name] is nowhere near common!

Thanks guys, for responding. I have always loved [name]Anastasia[/name] (and yeah, if we go with that, I’m totally picking nn [name]Anja[/name]), but ever since I discovered [name]Amarantha[/name] it just seems like [name]Anastasia[/name]+ to me sort of? I don’t know, I do love [name]Anastasia[/name] in and of itself, I just like really rare unheard of names for girls (like [name]Amarantha[/name], [name]Ilaria[/name], [name]Leocadia[/name], etc.). Oh well, I guess I just have to deal with uncertainty for now!

What about [name]Annalie[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]?