Bible Verses

I thought we could share our favorite Bible verses. I hope I’m not the only [name_m]Christian[/name_m] on nb! [name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to discuss any of the posted verses!

“In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 5:16

& the one in my sig

2 Likes

I love this idea! Right now my favorite bible verses are:

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 5:9-“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God” (which btw helped [name_m]Alvin[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] decide to join the army)

1 [name_m]Peter[/name_m] 3:9-"[name_f]Do[/name_f] not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing"

Galatians 5:14-“For the whole [name_m]Law[/name_m] is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself””

Romans 15:7-“Therefore, accept one another, just as [name_m]Christ[/name_m] also accepted us into the glory of God.”

And you are not the only [name_m]Christian[/name_m]; I am a Catholic.

I have yet to find a bible verse to help me deal better with my apeirophobia.

I found some verses that might help you. Btw, I love all of those verses!

“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

“[name_f]Do[/name_f] not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m].” Philippians 4:6-7

I must have about 50, so I’ll only post a few:

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] our [name_m]Lord[/name_m].

1 [name_m]John[/name_m] 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

2 [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] before the beginning of time,

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 [name_m]Peter[/name_m] 5:6-8
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

All of these are so good!

One of my favorites is [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in you.” (Feels fitting for such a panicked time as this.)

1 Like

@winterdragon04 This is such a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!

One of my favorites you mentioned already.

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

And I also love

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] 40:31 But those who wait on the [name_m]Lord[/name_m]
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

My favorite is [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the [name_m]Lord[/name_m], “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I actually have a tattoo of this one.

A few other favorites of mine:

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] 60:20 Your sun will never set again, and your moon will wane no more; the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] will be your everlasting light, and your days of sorrow will end.

Song of Songs 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Oh, I also love

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 18:20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them.

1 [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

[name_m]Habakkuk[/name_m] 1:5 Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] idea! Some of my absolute favourites:

“Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”
**Hebrews‬ *10:23‬ *ESV‬‬

“[name_m]Trust[/name_m] in the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
**Proverbs‬ *3:5-6‬ *ESV‬‬

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
**Romans‬ *8:28‬ *ESV‬‬

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] your God is with you wherever you go."”
**[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]‬ *1:9‬ *ESV‬‬

@grackym I love Romans 8:28 too! It’s really encouraging at this time, with corona and all.

This is my go to verse in regards to anxiety and uncertainty. I hope it can give you some peace.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. [name_f]Do[/name_f] not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] your God is with you wherever you go."”
**[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]‬ *1:9‬ *ESV‬‬

Yes, that’s a good one. One of the first ones I ever memorized. I remember I made a song to help remember it! I’m so grateful that I do have peace that passes all understanding. Thank you, [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]! I pray for others who do not, because I know that not having peace can cause a boatload of anxiety and a whole bunch of other awful stuff.

1 Like

Ephesians 2:8-10 has been my favourite since I grew a lot in my faith in 2013 :blush::heart:

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in [name_m]Christ[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

I just find it so encouraging and peaceful. :heart:

2 Likes

What a lovely idea for a thread! :heart: Some of my most recent favorites:

“By no means! Let God be true, though everyone were a liar…” Romans 3:4A, ESV

“By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas.” [name_m]Psalm[/name_m] 65:5, ESV

“[name_u]Blessed[/name_u] be the God and Father of our [name_m]Lord[/name_m] [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m]! According to His great mercy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] [name_m]Christ[/name_m] from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and I fading, kept on heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 [name_m]Peter[/name_m] 1:3-5, ESV

“Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take [name_f]My[/name_f] yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 11:28-29, ESV (This one hits hard and powerful when the anxiety and fear kicks in!

1 Like

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] 11:28-30

I love this idea!

1 Like

yessss I came here to say Ephesians 2:8. It was one of the first verses I memorized as a little kid in [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] School (after [name_m]John[/name_m] 3:16 of course) and I’ve just held on to it ever since.

2 Likes

All these verses are fantastic!

1 Like

I just found this thread! [name_f]My[/name_f] all time favorite Bible verse since I was little is [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] 1:9

Have I not commanded you: “Be strong and courageous, for the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] your God will go with you.”

The Holy [name_f]Spirit[/name_f] always seems to bring me back to this verse. Whether it’s anxiety or confusion, I know that God is right beside, caring for my every need! :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

1 [name_m]Peter[/name_m] 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. :heart:

5 Likes