Big consideration re: Sibling names!

As a former nanny/household manager, I just wanted to share a thought about naming siblings that may make things easier for Moms:
–Kids go to school, summer camps, extracurricular activities, and also rack up lots of laundry!
Particularly if you have two children (or multiples) of a similar age/size, I think giving each of them a first name with a different first letter/initial will make life easier in the long run. As an example, countless times I have labeled little socks or undies with just the first initial of the child so we all knew whose stuff it was.
For instance, let’s say you have 3 kids–two of them being twins and a sibling a year or so apart from the twins. Now, I understand some people think it’s cute to give names beginning with the same letter to twins, but it it could make things more difficult in the long run! I cannot emphasize what a blessing it is to just label a given item or items that both/all kids have with an ‘R’, ‘J’, and ‘M’ & be done with it! Saves lots of bickering b/t sibs as well if you can SHOW them that an item is definitely theirs! :slight_smile: [name]Just[/name] thought I’d share this…:slight_smile:
Best,
[name]Leslie[/name]

I totally agree with this - from labelling to post to not mixing up the children’s names, different initials help. I’m not saying you can’t repeat an initial at all, especially if you have four plus children, or the children are not close in age (maybe it would even reduce re-labelling of school uniforms et cetera), but just that giving all four children, born within six years, R names is probably going to be more hassle than it’s worth.

I can see the temptation to create an initial theme if you are indecisive, though; it would be helpful to limit yourself to names only of one letter.

[name]Auburn[/name]

I’m from a family that has 10 kids, all with a different initial. It makes things way easier.

[name]Chantelle[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Melodie[/name]
[name]Helene[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Aline[/name] (uh-lynn)
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]David[/name]