Big Deal or No

My last name is Bean, and my husband and I really like the name [name]Sydney[/name].

[name]Sydney[/name] Bean has an obvious problem. My question is, is it a big enough deal to keep us from naming our daughter that? I’ve had to veto a TON of names I like because of the last name!

Is it a NO or a GO?

Oh my gosh! It took me a minute to figure out the obvious problem, lol! I don’t know that it’s so glaringly obvious. I think it’s a GO!

What a dilemma! I have to admit it does make me think of kidney bean - not that there’s anything wrong with kidney beans. It’s still a beautiful name, but I’d keep searching. [name]Just[/name] my opinion though because I’m a bit conservative. Probably the right person could pull it off just fine.

I can only think of kidney bean, that took a minute and doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I think [name]Sydney[/name] is so sweet!

If it really bugs you, what about [name]Sidonie[/name] or [name]Sidonia[/name]?

Blessings,

[name]Bella[/name] <3

NO.
My husband also agrees that it’s a no brainer.

I don’t think I could do it. It didn’t take me long to make the connection and my husband heard the connection to kidney bean immediately. Good luck!

Oh dear :frowning:
Please don’t do that to your child!

If you like [name]Sidney[/name], how about [name]Whitney[/name]?

Yes, big deal. Bean is a tricky name, but how about using alliteration to make it work for you?
Thinking:
[name]Brittany[/name] Bean, [name]Brigid[/name] Bean, [name]Bethany[/name] Bean
Or how about a more traditional name to balance it?
Suggestion:
[name]Elizabeth[/name] Bean, [name]Lydia[/name] Bean, [name]Charlotte[/name] Bean

In my opinion stay away from the [name]Sidney[/name] Bean at all costs

Unfortunately yes, I think that [name]Sydney[/name] Bean is a no-go. I’m very sorry. But there really are just some last names that rule out certain first names, and Bean rules out [name]Sydney[/name], I’m so sorry. I would have to suggest that those who said it wasn’t a big deal didn’t say the name out loud. When written down the connection isn’t immediately clear, but every time your daughter had to introduce herself, it would be oh so clear.