Big sis Tovah needs a sibling name soon...any ideas?

I need a halfway unique name to sort of match [name]Tovah[/name]'s but not too weird! Any ideas?

Here are some we like but we can’t agree on any of them! Please help.
My fave girl: [name]Amity[/name], [name]Chloe[/name]
His fave girl: [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Olivia[/name]
Some boy names: [name]Winston[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Linus[/name] (ok, I love it, but my hubby can’t get over thinking it is too wussy), [name]Oliver[/name]

Thanks for any ideas!

My fave girl: [name]Amity[/name], [name]Chloe[/name]
His fave girl: [name]Heidi[/name], [name]Olivia[/name]
Some boy names: [name]Winston[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Linus[/name] (ok, I love it, but my hubby can’t get over thinking it is too wussy), [name]Oliver[/name]

[name]Amity[/name]-NMS, but pretty
[name]Chloe[/name]-A beautiful name that unfortunately isn’t unique anymore
[name]Heidi[/name]-I just don’t see it with [name]Tovah[/name]–at all
[name]Olivia[/name]-Like [name]Chloe[/name], not unusual at all, either (it’s actually overused now) :frowning:
[name]Winston[/name]-I think of cigarettes (ick) or [name]Churchill[/name], but at least it is unique
[name]Henry[/name]-One of my favorites, but it isn’t unique now, either
[name]Linus[/name]-I have to agree with your husband on this one, although it is unique
[name]Oliver[/name]-another favorite of mine that, unfortunately, isn’t unique anymore, either

Are you looking for another Hebrew name? I’m guessing not, so I’ll suggest a mixture of names that could go nicely with a beautiful and unique name like [name]Tovah[/name]:

[name]Honor[/name]
[name]Verity[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]

Best wishes to you!

Thanks. I really like: [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Gideon[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] especially. And good point on [name]Winston[/name]…blah on cigarettes. Hmmm… on the popular [name]Chloe[/name]…it sounds so cute with our last name!

Opinion of [name]Frances[/name] and calling her [name]Francie[/name]?
Also, [name]Amity[/name]? What do you think of with that name?

I am crazy wild about the name [name]Frances[/name] nn [name]Francie[/name]. If I had a baby I would pick that name but it doesn’t sound that great with my last name.
Also my friend named her son [name]Linus[/name]. He doesn’t seem wimpy. But as far as the lion names go, I love [name]Lionel[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] best. Especially [name]Lionel[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name].

I really like the name [name]Frances[/name] and the nickname “[name]Francie[/name],” but I’m just not sure that it goes with a name as unique and exotic as [name]Tovah[/name]. Granted, this is just my opinion, and in the end, the only thing that matters, is that you choose a name you absolutely love.

That said, I really think that [name]Tovah[/name] needs to paired with a more exotic name (that is, if matching is important to you, which it may not be).

What about [name]Francesca[/name] with [name]Tovah[/name]? I think its femininity goes very well with [name]Tovah[/name], and you could still use “[name]Francie[/name]” as a nickname.

[name]Amity[/name] has a beautiful meaning that’s in harmony with [name]Tovah[/name], and it’s unique, too. If I had to choose between [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Amity[/name], I’d go with [name]Frances[/name](but that’s just me!). I think [name]Amity[/name] does go well with [name]Tovah[/name], but it’s just too “out there” for me. I like the meaning more than the actual name. Also, when I hear “[name]Amity[/name],” I think of the town in which the movie “Jaws” is set! Then again, it’s also a beautiful song sung by [name]Carly[/name] [name]Simon[/name] and her daughter (about mothers and daughters). If you like it, go for it!

I really like [name]Gideon[/name] with [name]Tovah[/name] (the whole Biblical theme), and just thought of: [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Judah[/name], [name]Abram[/name], [name]Simon[/name], and [name]Silus[/name]/[name]Silas[/name] (rather like [name]Linus[/name]).

Here are some more girls names to add to [name]Amity[/name], [name]Frances[/name] ([name]Francesca[/name]?), and [name]Clementine[/name]:
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Ruthie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Mariel[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Clea[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]

I, too, am crazy about [name]Frances[/name]. I love it!

[name]Amity[/name] is an uncommon choice that capitalizes on the popularity of the “virtue names.” I like it too.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] with [name]Tovah[/name]. I also really like [name]Linus[/name].

I think [name]Tova[/name] and [name]Clemmie[/name] would be an adorable pair! Although, when I read your post, I immediately thought of the name of an old friend: [name]Tamah[/name]. ([name]TAY[/name]-mah.) Good match as far as origin, sound and originality. Maybe??

I don’t think of cigarettes at all when I hear [name]Winston[/name]. And I used to live in the city they were named for. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I hear [name]Amity[/name] and my brain fills in “-ville Horror.” [name]Every[/name] time. Pretty name, but I can’t shake the association.

Thanks for all the great advice.

I don’t have the association of [name]Amity[/name] with the horror flicks, but 90% of people I ask do…so maybe its a bad idea. She would always get asked about it.

[name]Clemmie[/name] is a great nn! Makes [name]Clementine[/name] doable for sure.

Any else have an idea for a name that is similar to [name]Chloe[/name] (in sound, b/c our last name is a hard “c”) but less common?
Thanks.

[name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Catarina[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Callie[/name]
And my absolute favorite with [name]Tovah[/name]: [name]Camille[/name]!

Girls’ names similar to [name]Chloe[/name] in addition to above posts:
[name]Calista[/name]
[name]Calandra[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]

Other names I like with [name]Tovah[/name]:
Girls
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Ada[/name] (there’s also [name]Adah[/name], but it sounds like Odd-uh.)
[name]Dara[/name]
[name]Audra[/name] (I really like this, but is it too mid-century? Could [name]Audrey[/name] be a nn?)
[name]Selah[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Boys
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]-I know, I always suggest this one!
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Micah[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Simeon[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]

[name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Clea[/name] are both names that sound a lot like chloe but are not nearly as popular. I love them both.

[name]Hi[/name] again,

If you love [name]Chloe[/name] (it’s a gorgeous name!) and its popularity doesn’t bother you, and you like how it sounds with [name]Chloe[/name], you should use it! It sounds like you really have your heart set on the name, which, considering its beauty, is totally understandable.

I have my heart set on some classic names that are steadily increasing in popularity, and if they’ve become trendy by the time I have little girl (not too far off!), I’ll still use them. (I’ll be angry, but I’ll still use them!) :slight_smile:

It’s your little girl, and it’s important that you love the name.

I know people have posted in response to your asking about names similar to [name]Chloe[/name], and as I can’t recall what they’ve listed, I’ll bring up two names I think I mentioned earlier: [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Clea[/name].

You like the “K” sound, so what about [name]Kiera[/name] with [name]Tovah[/name]?

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] ([name]Love[/name] this one, sounds great with [name]Tovah[/name])
[name]Calla[/name]/[name]Callie[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name]
Totally unrelated, but have you thought about [name]Tamsin[/name]? I think that’s a precious name.

For boys, I do love [name]Asa[/name], so underappreciated. Your husband can call him [name]Ace[/name]-- not wussy at all. :wink:

[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Alfie[/name]
[name]Merritt[/name] (similar to [name]Amity[/name] in spirit, a virtue name)
[name]Casper[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name] (love [name]Calvin[/name], reminds me of the precocious little hellion from the comic)
[name]Enzo[/name] ([name]Susan[/name] has [name]Dashiell[/name], I have [name]Enzo[/name])

Ooh! [name]Zara[/name] does sound really beautiful with [name]Tovah[/name]!

I used to know two beautiful sisters that lived down the street from me, and their names were [name]Tovah[/name] and [name]Aaliyah[/name]. I didn’t read if you sibling was a boy or not. But [name]Aaliyah[/name] is a great sounding name with [name]Tovah[/name].
[name]Just[/name] to clarify [name]Aaliyah[/name] is a girl name.

Thanks for all the ideas! Now I need to get my hubby’s opinions. Great ideas from everyone, and now I have a lot to go off of. Thanks for the honest opinions.

You could mix your names and his names. I like [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

[name]Miriam[/name]

What about [name]Aviva[/name] for a girl? I think it goes nicely with [name]Tovah[/name].

[name]Tovah[/name] & [name]Vera[/name]

[name]Tovah[/name] & Solah

[name]Tovah[/name] & [name]Luna[/name]

[name]Tovah[/name] & [name]Calliope[/name]

[name]Tovah[/name] & [name]Calixte[/name]

[name]Tovah[/name] & [name]Ziva[/name]

I typed in nymbler “[name]Tovah[/name]” and these came up :slight_smile:

[name]Tiberius[/name]
Tahki
[name]Taya[/name]
[name]Timon[/name]
Tecumseh