Big trouble choosing a boys name

I realise I am cutting it fine but I am due in 2 weeks and my husband and I are finding choosing a boys name EXTREMELY difficult. We just cannot agree on one we both ‘like’ let alone love. I would really appreciate any ideas Nameberries!

We have a daughter [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and our surname is monosyllabic.

Please, please, please help!

Any guidelines, names you hate, syllables you prefer, etc? Without more info, it’s kind of hard. Here are some names (no idea whether they’re your style):

Names that start with M:
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Macauley[/name_m]
[name_m]Mathias[/name_m]
[name_m]Martin[/name_m]

One-syllable names:
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]George[/name_m]

Others that might sound good with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]:
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Kellen[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ewan[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]

[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_m]Boyd[/name_m]
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Fisher[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Kelten[/name_m]
[name_m]Lennox[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxen[/name_m]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Rylan/name_u
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]

Thanks for the input guys. Food for thought!

I’m thinking 2 syllables…and I am not really into names that sound ‘made up’ or trends. We like the old fashioned kind of names…old man types :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, boy names gave me the hardest time. My suggestion is to really dig through the names here on nameberry, it took a few days of solid searching before I found names that I like for boys. Since you like two syllable old fashioned names… the first thing I thought of was: [name_m]Archie[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_u]Alfie[/name_u], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_m]Decker[/name_m], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], [name_m]Neville[/name_m], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_m]Seamus[/name_m], [name_u]Leland[/name_u], and [name_m]Orson[/name_m].

Hopes this helps.

To look at large lists of old-fashioned names, you might pick a year - 1910, etc. - and look through the SSA list for that year; you may not find what you’re looking for but it might help you narrow your definition of what you like. Of course, you might also find THE name!