Billie or Polly

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Billie : 5 (19%)
  • Polly: 22 (81%)

I’m really starting to like [name_f]Polly[/name_f], too. I can’t see myself ever using it but I like the sweetness/lightness it has. I don’t find [name_u]Billie[/name_u] attractive on a girl.

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] is adorable. I find [name_u]Billie[/name_u] a little dull.

Both Billie and Polly remind me of songs, Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and Polly by Nirvana. Neither is really positive, but Billie is slightly better.
If I didn’t have these associations, I would have chosen Polly. I end up voting for it because non-music fans won’t make the connection anyway, and Polly is more feminine and adorable than Billie, which is too tomboyish for me.

I vastly prefer [name_f]Polly[/name_f] as a given name over [name_u]Billie[/name_u], though honestly both are nickname territory for me.

I really like both, but can never use [name_u]Billie[/name_u]. (My dad’s name is [name_m]William[/name_m]/[name_m]Bill[/name_m]) But I would love to see someone else use it!

I like both. I chose [name_f]Polly[/name_f] as an English nickname for myself since I can’t stand the English pronunciation of my name, so I definitely like [name_f]Polly[/name_f].
[name_u]Billie[/name_u] I have good associations with due to [name_m]Doctor[/name_m] Who, however, I do think that even though [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is already a nickname she might get nicknamed “[name_m]Bill[/name_m]” by some.

I was going to look at your list to think about which fits in better but your other names are quite different to one another which is why I have no idea if [name_u]Billie[/name_u] or [name_f]Polly[/name_f] fits them better.

As a stand-alone name I prefer [name_f]Polly[/name_f]. But I do think [name_u]Billie[/name_u] is a great nickname with either the full name like [name_f]Sybilla[/name_f]/[name_f]Sibylla[/name_f] or [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f].