Birdie, Hetty and Millie

[name]Do[/name] any of these names work for a girl? We love [name]Birdie[/name], but of course, are afraid of the teasing factor. Could perhaps use the name [name]Bernadette[/name] or [name]Bernice[/name] and use [name]Birdie[/name] as a nn. Opinions?

They are all very cute nicknames, but I’d definitely give her a more substantial formal name.

[name]Birdie[/name]: This one is my favorite, but only as a nn for [name]Bernadette[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Birgitta[/name] or a “B” first with a “D” middle (such as [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Diana[/name])

[name]Hetty[/name]: I don’t mind [name]Hetty[/name], but I think I prefer [name]Hatty[/name]. Either could be a nickname for [name]Henrietta[/name] or [name]Harriett[/name].

[name]Millie[/name]: [name]Millie[/name] is cute as nn for [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Millicent[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name] (though I would use [name]Tilly[/name] for [name]Matilda[/name])

My top picks
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Diana[/name] with the nn [name]Birdie[/name]”this I love! Sounds like an English school girl.
[name]Henrietta[/name] with the nn [name]Hatty[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] with the nn [name]Milly[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] with the nn [name]Tilly[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you have any middle names you’re already considering?

**[name]Just[/name] realized you already have a little [name]Beatrice[/name], so scratch [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Diana[/name]!

[name]Birdie[/name] is a traditional nickname for [name]Bertha[/name], if I recall correctly, but I think she’d work for any B name. Maybe you could use it for [name]Beatrice[/name]?
[name]Hetty[/name] - is definietely a [name]Henrietta[/name] or [name]Harriet[/name] nickname. [name]Beatrice[/name] & [name]Harriet[/name] would be absolutely darling as sisters and you could call [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Birdie[/name] if you wanted! There’s also [name]Hester[/name] & [name]Mehetabel[/name]/[name]Mehitabel[/name] you could get [name]Hetty[/name] from, possibly. I still thik [name]Harriet[/name] is your best bet, though.

[name]Millie[/name] 's a favorite of mine, I have her on my list as a nickname for Pomeline but [name]Millie[/name] could be gotten from [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Millicent[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Ludmila[/name], [name]Mildred[/name], [name]Romilly[/name] & if you don’t mind a huge stretch, [name]Pamela[/name]. Yes, I’ve thought long and hard about [name]Millie[/name] potential!

I would probably start using [name]Birdie[/name] on [name]Beatrice[/name], if I were you. Also, [name]Harriet[/name], nn [name]Hetty[/name], &
[name]Romilly[/name] or [name]Camilla[/name], nn [name]Millie[/name]/[name]Milly[/name].

I hope that helps, good luck!

I second (wait, I guess I actually “third”) everything above! I think [name]Birdie[/name] is darling (as a nickname only), and it’s my definite favorite from your list. I’d just like to add [name]Camille[/name] to the mix!

Some more BD combos (great idea, [name]Olive[/name]!), keeping in mind that you already have a [name]Beatrice[/name]:

[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]

We really like [name]Millie[/name], so I can see why you like the other names, too. However, I think that you are running into the same issue we are. These are really cute nns but they kind of need a real name, too. Esp. if you do use [name]Birdie[/name], and esp. if (as I seem to remember one of the other poster’s mentioning) your other daughter has a more formal name like [name]Beatrice[/name]. And the full names aren’t nearly as cute as the short ones! I think that for [name]Birdie[/name], you could name her nearly anything and just call her [name]Birdie[/name]. It isn’t really associated with any names for me. Maybe [name]Bernice[/name] (but that isn’t the prettiest name ever). I think somebody else mentioned [name]Hester[/name] for [name]Hetty[/name]. For [name]Milly[/name], we have tossed around [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Millicent[/name] (don’t know if I can handle that one), [name]Melinda[/name], or [name]Mila[/name] (pronounce Mee-la).