Birth Announcements in Ireland.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through a thread on British Birth announcements and often have a peak at the Telegraph to see the trends and forward thinking trend setters.

I then thought that if reading through British birth announcements is so entertaining, surely Irish Bieth announcements should be entertaining too. These is from one of our national newspapers, The Irish Time since th beginning of 2012.
There are many repeats of [name]Grace[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Paul[/name], [name]James[/name], and Irish names such as [name]Aoife[/name], [name]Saoirse[/name], [name]Sean[/name] etc.
Here in my opinion are the pick of the crop.
Enjoy:

[name]Howard[/name] ([name]Howie[/name])
[name]Jensen[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name] x3
Enda, a twin boy (sounds feminine yet it the English for an Irish boys name, Eanna, and name of our Prime Minister)
[name]Senan[/name] Fryst ([name]Senan[/name] is beginning to get popular, and pronounced phonetically, I think it’s ripe for import to the US + UK)
[name]Willoughby[/name] [name]John[/name] Clunie
[name]Torin[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Moses[/name]
Cuan
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Tomas[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Milo[/name] [name]George[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Quin[/name]
[name]Sadhbh[/name] [name]Karen[/name]
[name]Halina[/name] [name]Lesley[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] Eta
[name]Ailis[/name] [name]Marie[/name] ( big sister [name]Esme[/name])
[name]Esther[/name]
[name]Sienna[/name] [name]Elisa[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Mimi[/name] cecile
[name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Eibhlin[/name] [name]Blossom[/name]

Favourite sibset: (birth announcement written in Irish also)
Setanta, [name]Tomas[/name], [name]Luc[/name]

I love [name]Senan[/name] and [name]Sadhbh[/name]!

[name]Jensen[/name], as in [name]Jenson[/name] Button? Lol.

I see my name ([name]Amber[/name]) on there too! :slight_smile: [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a pretty combo, and it goes well with [name]Alexa[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Come to think of it, isn’t [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] the name of Wiz Khalifa’s fiancée?

Yes, [name]Jensen[/name] is getting popular in th UK, so I’m afraid [name]Ireland[/name] follows suit!

[name]Amber[/name] is still a fairly popular name in [name]Ireland[/name], at number 71 in the top 100 for 2010, I love ir personally.
[name]Amber[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful yet made me giggle, I wonder did the parents know of Wiz Khalifa’s fiancé as the namesake?

I work with an Enda, and he is Irish :slight_smile: Took everyone a little while to get used to it as people are more used to [name]Edna[/name] as a name, but it just seems to suit him…