birthname for Serpentina

Hey Ho,
since by other thread apears to have been eaten, here it is again.
Some weeks ago I asked for input on 5 villians for my story, which I referred to as A-E. I named B Serpentina, “the snake”, which seems fit for something A (her grandmother, a magic supremacist) would name her. But there’s no way her parents would give her a name like this. They were young when they had her, modern, open-minded parents who wouldn’t burden her with expectations like this.
Ideas I had:
[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] - “loved daughter” iirc, seems like something her parents would use but also sounds like a good witch name, so why would A change that when she takes her into her care?
[name_f]Liberty[/name_f] or [name_f]Joy[/name_f] - could be meant as open rebellion against A’s views, but then again, doesn’t everyone value liberty, even if they mean different things by it? And joy? That’s also a hard thing to hate.
[name_f]Melody[/name_f] - not sure about this.

So what do you think, what name could the young parents choose that would definitely piss off a conservative grandmother enough to change it when she gets the chance? Something “foreign” wouldn’t work, since wizards are at home everywhere, and I don’t want to use something made-up either. Any ideas?
[name_f]TIA[/name_f]!

Okay, so am I understanding this correctly? B’s grandmother is evil, but her patents aren’t? Why does grandma change B’s name? Did B’s parents die? From your choices I like [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] the best. It really works. I like [name_f]Joy[/name_f], too. Very simple yet also powerful.

Yes, grandmother is evil, parents are not. They are not dead but believed to be, grandmother takes over the care when the child is 5. I figured she must have changed the name because in the story she’s referred to as Serpentina, and feel like the grandmother would use that kind of name but the parents wouldn’t.
The grandmother didn’t See the parents fit to raise their child in the first place, so she was already waiting for a chance to take over and raise her with her own ideas.

Okay I love the name [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]/[name_f]Amaia[/name_f] so reading this, I’d be kinda upset that she changed it because [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] is so pretty.

I was wondering if maybe they used something kinda plain or “normal” sounding? A’s viewpoint is that those with magic are above those without, so it could be B’s parents rebellion or it could be that they just liked the name.

[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]April[/name_f]

Thanks! I was also thinking the “plain” thing, but some of your suggestions I actually find super fancy, like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f].
I think I’ll go with [name_f]Joy[/name_f], it’s simple and cute but also it symbolizes what kind of life she lost when she was taken from her parents. [name_m]Man[/name_m], that’s dark.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] isn’t plain, but I included [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] because it’s in the USA top 10. I don’t necessarily think any of these names are plain, just more common/recognizable.

[name_f]Amaya[/name_f] and [name_f]Melody[/name_f] sound like wonderful choices to me