Birutė

I came across the name Birutė on a Lithuanian scientist, and I’ve been thinking about it a lot.

Can I get some other opinions on it?

Would it be a really strange name to use if you didn’t have Lithuanian ancestry or some other sort of connection to Lithuania?

And if you feel up to it, any combo ideas? Either with Birutė as a first name or middle name.

I think this name is beautiful! I love the meaning of the name (snow), and how it’s pronounced (bih-ROO-tay or bee-ROO-tah). At first glance this name looked [name_m]French[/name_m] to me, not Lithuanian. I like the combo’s:

Birute [name_f]Sybil[/name_f]
Birute [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
Birute [name_f]Maria[/name_f]

Thank you! I’m glad to hear that somebody else likes it. I like all of your combinations. Birutė [name_f]Sybil[/name_f] in particular is really interesting and pretty!

This is a beautiful name.
I like Birute pronounced (bee rue [name_u]Tay[/name_u]).
I think if you like or use it. You’ll get questions about it of course
I think it’d sound weird if you had
Birute [name_f]Ann[/name_f] or Birute [name_f]May[/name_f]. I think you’d need to go with a more proper long name or a word name as the middle
Something like-
Birute [name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
Birute [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
Or
Birute [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
Birute [name_f]Melody[/name_f]

I’m not really sure about the middle name. It’s Beautiful though

Thank you! I also prefer the bee-rue-tay pronunciation over the bee-rue-tah one. Thank you for your suggestions! Birute [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f] is such an interesting combination! There’s something about it that I really like.