Bitter truth and suggestions please

Hello, my daughter’s name is Esmee (ez-may) [name]Kate[/name] and she is going to be having a sister in early december; however my husband and I are really struggling on a name we like as much as Esmee and compliments it…could you help please? We tend to like nn as we often call her Ezzie. this is what we have so far…

Esmee & [name]Audra[/name]
Esmee & [name]Lucienne[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name])
Esmee & [name]Matilda[/name] (unforunatly cannot use [name]Mattie[/name] and don’t like tillie)
Esmee & [name]Siri[/name]
Esmee & [name]Gwenevieve[/name] ([name]Gwen[/name] or [name]Evie[/name])
Esmee & [name]Juliet[/name] ([name]Jules[/name])
Esmee & [name]Madelaine[/name] ([name]Lainey[/name])
Esmee & [name]Graciela[/name] ([name]Gracie[/name] or [name]Grace[/name])
Esmee & [name]Lola[/name]
Esmee & [name]Violet[/name]

I really like Esmee and [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Genevieve[/name] would be pretty, too. I looked up [name]Gwenevieve[/name] and it is a name, but it sounds so much like [name]Guinevere[/name] and [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. [name]Gwenevieve[/name] sounds kind of made-up to me. What do the other Berries think? I think if I were you, I might go with Esmee and [name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn [name]Gwen[/name]. [name]Gwen[/name] is a fantastic nn!

I love the name [name]Juliet[/name], but I think I prefer the spelling [name]Juliette[/name] better.

Esmee and [name]Juliette[/name] go together well.

All of the other names aren’t really my style. What about Esmee and [name]Elizabeth[/name]? I dont know if you had that before I forget, but if you didn’t that one is good too.

What about [name]Miranda[/name] for a middle? [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Miranda[/name].

I like Esmee and [name]Audra[/name] best, the rest don’t really have the same feel. I’m not sure that [name]Audra[/name] gives you many nn’s though, and it feels a tad old lady. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Alida[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

GL!
T

From your list, I definitely like [name]Juliet[/name] best. Very pretty. I also really like [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Vivian[/name].

[name]Erin[/name],

I’m not a fan of [name]Audra[/name], as it just has an awkward, unattractive sound to it in my opinion. [name]Matilda[/name] feels much more vintage and definitely less glamorous than Esmee, so I wouldn’t use that one - it seems to have nickname issues for you, anyway. [name]Graciela[/name] feels off, style-wise, so I wouldn’t use that, myself. [name]Lola[/name] feels insubstantial to me, a bit like [name]Lily[/name] - I like it for a funky nickname ([name]Madonna[/name]'s daughter, [name]Lourdes[/name], goes by “[name]Lola[/name]” as her nickname!), but alone it feels like it is lacking something. And, then there’s [name]Gwenevieve[/name], which honestly looks like a mashed up version of [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name]. Either of those, alone, would be lovely, but not [name]Gwenevieve[/name]. Sorry!

So, that left me with [name]Lucienne[/name], [name]Siri[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Madelaine[/name], and [name]Violet[/name], I think. [name]Love[/name] [name]Lucienne[/name], and [name]Lucie[/name] is such a classic, elegant nickname. [name]Siri[/name] is a but young-sounding to me, but it is fun. [name]Juliet[/name] with [name]Jules[/name] as a nickname is one of my favorites, and [name]Juliette[/name] would be nice with Esmee, too - I usually prefer [name]Juliet[/name], but [name]Juliette[/name] feels better with Esmee. [name]Madelaine[/name] with [name]Lainey[/name] as a nickname is so unexpected and wonderful. I love that! And [name]Violet[/name] is a great classic. My favorites would be [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Madelaine[/name], and [name]Lucienne[/name]! Great choices.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Juliette[/name] for Esmee’s sister.

I think [name]Audra[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] (nn [name]Molly[/name]?) and [name]Violet[/name] are your best options. [name]Juliet[/name] is lovely as well, but I find it a little dull for some reason. Here are some other ideas that I think may work with Ezzie’s name:

Esmee and [name]Isla[/name]
Esmee and [name]Vivienne[/name]
Esmee and [name]Louisa[/name]
Esmee and [name]Charlotte[/name]
Esmee and Zelie
Esmee and [name]Lucia[/name]
Esmee and [name]Ophelia[/name]
Esmee and [name]Gaia[/name]
Esmee and [name]Isis[/name]
Esmee and [name]Aurelia[/name]

You all are so truthful, i love that :slight_smile: Please continue to give me your feedback. i was reviewing other persons messages and a berry left the coment of using the name [name]Seraphina[/name] with the nn [name]Siri[/name]…do you think that would be an option as weel and go with esmee? thanks ladies

Sorry, I did’nt finish my thought earlier. It looks like the names most liked are [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Lucienne[/name], [name]Madelaine[/name], and [name]Siri[/name]. So now to narow it down even more

Esmee & [name]Juliette[/name] ([name]Jules[/name])
Esmee & [name]Lucienne[/name] ([name]Lucie[/name])
Esmee & [name]Madelaine[/name] ([name]Lainey[/name]) I should mention i have a niece named madeline (maddie) is this too close or do the pronuciations make them diffrent enough; especially with the nn?
Esmee & [name]Seraphine[/name] ([name]Siri[/name])? is that possible ?

I love [name]Juliette[/name] with Esmee! Ezzie and [name]Jules[/name] is an adorable set! So that is my favorite, though I also liked [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] from your list. As for the others:

Esmee & [name]Lucienne[/name] ([name]Lucie[/name])-- is this pron. LOO-see-en or loo-see-ENN? It’s pretty, I’d worry about pronunciation problems. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Lucinda[/name] ([name]Lucy[/name])?

Esmee & [name]Madelaine[/name] ([name]Lainey[/name])-- I’m afraid I think [name]Madelaine[/name] is also a wee bit awkward to say, sorry! It is awfully similar to [name]Madeline[/name]/[name]Madaleine[/name], which is quite popular, so I’m afraid many people will mistake it for this. I wouldn’t want my daughter’s name to be so close to my niece’s, but yes, the nn would help with this. I love [name]Lainey[/name], by the way! [name]Just[/name] not sure about [name]Madelaine[/name].

Esmee & [name]Seraphine[/name] ([name]Siri[/name])?-- I think [name]Siri[/name] works as a nn for [name]Seraphina[/name]/[name]Seraphine[/name]. I know [name]Seraphina[/name] has gotten to be almost mainstream, but I can’t really understand why (apart from the celeb connection, that is.) It just seems so over-the-top sugary sweet frilly to me! It is pretty in theory, but I can’t quite imagine calling someone this. I agree that [name]Siri[/name] may not age the best on its own, though. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Seren[/name]? I think it’s really lovely, a little more down-to-earth, and great with Esmee!

Good luck :slight_smile:

Hello [name]Erin[/name],

Let’s see here…

[name]Audra[/name]: I really don’t care for this name. I would refer [name]Audrey[/name] because I can see its classic appeal, although it’s not my personal style.
[name]Lucienne[/name]: You might come across some pronunciation issues here. I do quite like simply [name]Lucy[/name] with Esmee though.
[name]Matilda[/name]: If you don’t like or can’t use either [name]Mattie[/name] or [name]Tillie[/name], I would say this name is out for you, unless you’d like to use it as a middle. It’s very vintage and pretty next to Esmee as a middle name. It might help if we knew Esmee’s middle if you’re willing to share.
[name]Siri[/name]: I know a [name]Siri[/name] my age (20). This is her full name, and I don’t really think it will age well beyond 20’s and 30’s. It sounds too nicknamey for me.
[name]Gwenevieve[/name]: I have to say it, I hate this mishmashed name. If you like the feel, go with [name]Genevieve[/name] which is much more usable in my opinion than [name]Guinevere[/name].
[name]Juliet[/name]: A lot of berries like this name and it has been popularly suggested on the boards recently. However, I just can’t get behind it and I would never consider it myself. Too [name]Romeo[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] for me.
[name]Madelaine[/name]: I like the fact that you wouldn’t call her [name]Maddie[/name]. That was my chief problem with this name. [name]Lainey[/name] is much better.
[name]Graciela[/name]: I don’t like this name and I don’t think it sounds nice with Esmee either. I would avoid names similar to [name]Grace[/name] because they have exploded in the last several years, and [name]Grace[/name] is a common filler name for middles now.
[name]Lola[/name]: This is a nickname to me and has none of Esmee’s charm and sophistication. I love Esmee, by the way.
[name]Violet[/name]: Hmm… I like this name (although the version on my own list is [name]Violette[/name]) but it is so popular right now…

My best suggestion would be Esmee and [name]Genevieve[/name]. They are both so classy and sophisticated together, and will age well when they get older. [name]Love[/name] it.

I forgot to mention that I also like [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Gwendolyn[/name] for you, but I love [name]Gwenyth[/name]. [name]Gwyneth[/name] and Esmee ([name]Gwen[/name] and Ezzie) would be really cute!