Bizarre Name List.

I love bizarre names and thought this would be a good place to get them all!

Here goes!

.[name]Laure[/name] (Unsure if I like this by itself, maybe a nn for [name]Laurel[/name]?)
.Endie
.[name]Gratia[/name] (Pr. [name]Grey[/name]-sha)
.Bitte (I know this is [name]German[/name] for your welcome, I think?, but it’s adorable!)
.Sefia (Alternative to [name]Sofia[/name]? I know a girl named this, although I’m not entirely sure how it is spelled! Sephea?)
.[name]Ianthe[/name] (Eye-An-Thee not [name]Yan[/name]-Thee)
.Endolyne (This is actually a local name from my city that I kind of fell in love with)

I have SO much more, but I can’t think of them now! Please comment, add, suggest, bash, or whatever! :slight_smile:

Fun! :slight_smile:

.[name]Laure[/name]: I can see it as a nickname for [name]Laurel[/name].
.Endie: Like rear-endie? (I kid, I kid…) :slight_smile: I think that [name]India[/name], nn [name]Indie[/name] is pretty cool…
.[name]Gratia[/name] (Pr. [name]Grey[/name]-sha): This reminds me of [name]Honor[/name], [name]Verity[/name], etc…
.Bitte: It looks too much like Bitten to me, and if I’m pronouncing it correctly (bitt-eh), I think it sounds kind of close to “bitter.”
.Sefia: I’ve never heard this before, but it reminds me of [name]Seraphina[/name]…
.[name]Ianthe[/name] (Eye-An-Thee not [name]Yan[/name]-Thee): I like this, and [name]Xanthe[/name], too.
:slight_smile:
.Endolyne: I instinctively want to add a Gw or a W to the beginning, but I think it’s pretty.

Are you in Germany? I’d love to know what names are popular there! :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

Coventry
[name]Lorita[/name]
Gereina
[name]Geranium[/name]

Hm, all good thoughts! :slight_smile:
Endolyne is pronounced End-Oh-[name]Line[/name] if that’s any help! Rather than Leen.
Mendon. I’ve heard this name with an I in it rather than an E.
Nope, not in Germany! I just have interesting taste in names!

Bitte is [name]German[/name] for “please.” Gern geschehen (according to handy Google translator) is [name]German[/name] for “you’re welcome.” Of course Danke is for “thank you.”

Bitte does seem kind of cruel in English, like itty-bitty, or bitter, may be typo’d as “Butte.” I also think it’s a little bit weird, like naming your child “Por [name]Favor[/name],” or “S’il Vous Pla”t!”, although “Pozhalu?sta” has possibilities. Maybe if you like a normal name like [name]Elizabeth[/name], you can call her Bit or Bitta, but she won’t have to live with it forever unless she really wants to.

I also hear “end o’ (the) line” from Endolyne. It is more like endocrine (a medical term) or Valvoline (a brand of motor oil) to me, than comparable to names like [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Emeline[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name]. Yes, yes you do have bizarre taste in names. :slight_smile: