Blaise?

What do you think? I’m not Catholic, but I like that it’s a saint’s name (a cool saint, at that!). I’m loving it, and would love to get a general consensus!

I love it!
My husband thinks it’s just weird though, so I won’t get to use it =/

I like all the ways to spell it too… [name]Blaise[/name], [name]Blaize[/name], [name]Blaze[/name], [name]Blayse[/name], [name]Blayze[/name], etc

I love this name…this spelling only! I just don’t think I would be brave enough to use it as anything other than a middle name though :slight_smile:

I love this, like the poster above, only with this spelling. It’s an actual name with history, rather than [name]Blaze[/name] or something like that …

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lyndsay[/name]! [name]Blaise[/name]…It’s one of those names for me that I think is very cool in theory, but I’d personally be worried about the spelling variations and its visual similarity to word “blase.” (Darn! I have no clue how to type accents!) :slight_smile: Were you planning on using it as a middle with [name]Xavier[/name], or up front? I actually think it would be neat as a middle name, where spelling issues won’t be a daily thing. I do think it sounds great with [name]Dash[/name]! :slight_smile:

I’m glad everyone likes it! [name]Jill[/name], I hadn’t thought of the word blase (I can’t type accents either, and blase really doesn’t look like the same word without it!)… I’m not really worried about that though. I’m thinking of using it as a first name, actually. It strikes the right balance for me, sophisticated yet funky, unusual but not unheard of, and it has lots of history! I think [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Blaise[/name] sound like good brothers. It would make a great middle name, but I can’t bring myself to consider middle names that don’t have family meaning to me, unfortunately! [name]Xavier[/name] [name]Blaise[/name] would be a wicked cool name, though! [name]Chris[/name] says he doesn’t like [name]Xavier[/name], though. It makes me sad, it’s still one of my top favorites though, and I’m hoping that he’ll come around eventually.

Oh, and spelling issues… meh, I used to care about that, but now not so much. [name]Dash[/name] is probably never going to have his name spelled right, and my name is never spelled right. It’s annoying, but not the end of the world to me. With my name it always bothered me because it is spelled wrong. But with [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Blaise[/name], I would be ok with it, because at least I know they have the correct spelling!

The more I write the name [name]Blaise[/name], the more it seems like it should be my future son!

Oh, that’s great, [name]Lyndsay[/name]! I think [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Blaise[/name] sound very cool together! I can’t wait to hear your middle names! :slight_smile:

Delete

[name]Hi[/name] there! I really like [name]Blaise[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Luke[/name], but when I saw [name]Montgomery[/name] (as in [name]Blaise[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Luke[/name]), I though it was AWESOME! I think it’s totally on par with the coolness of [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]. :slight_smile: (I do think [name]Montgomery[/name] is very handsome as a first name, too.)

I love reading your combos! :slight_smile:

[name]Blaise[/name] is an awesome name!