Blake as a girls name?

I hate [name]Blake[/name] on a girl (even though [name]Blake[/name] Lively is one of my favorite actresses), sorry. It’s all boy to me, in fact a name I’ve loved for a long time for a boy.

I like [name]Cameron[/name] from your list. Although it’s masculine to me, I can see it on a girl. I know a female [name]Reese[/name], so that works too. Really don’t like [name]Collins[/name] or [name]Campbell[/name] as first names on a boy or girl.

As a teacher I encounter all kinds of names, certainly on the kids but sometimes on parents, too! There is a woman named [name]Blake[/name] who is the mother of one of my students this year. For the first couple of months of the year I was careful not to write “Dear Mrs. ___” in correspondence, since I wasn’t 100% sure if I was hearing from mom or dad when she signed “[name]Blake[/name].” Despite this, I still haven’t shaken the masculine association I have with the name.

That said, a family connection is a fantastic thing for a child to carry on through their name. I’m sure your daughter would wear it well.

Some quick thoughts on the others…

I agree that “[name]Camryn[/name]” reads trendy, and I’ve never been a huge fan of [name]Cameron[/name], personally. It does pair nicely with [name]Elizabeth[/name], as does [name]Collins[/name]. Not all crazy about [name]Reese[/name], especially with [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I was put off by [name]Campbell[/name] at first, but then realized that it could share some of the same cute nicknames as [name]Cameron[/name] and the “bell” ending gives it a feminine ring. It’s not an unheard of name, but it’s still unusual to hear as a girl’s first name – a very cool combination of traits.

I love blake on a girl

I don’t like boy names on girls but

[name]Blake[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] doesn’t flow well to me, [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Blake[/name] sounds better. And people rarely use MN so she’ll just be [name]Blake[/name] which is still seen as masculine

The most unique and interesting is [name]Collins[/name]. It really sounds like a last name and it makes me think of the old school uppercrust people who used maiden names to show the combining of families.
Although [name]Blake[/name] is a last name too it’s more common as a first name. If I met a girl named [name]Blake[/name] I’d figure it was mom trying to be trendy and jumping on the boy-turned-girl name bandwagon

[name]Blake[/name] is my favorite because it has a family connection for you. I love that. If you decide not to go with the family name, [name]Reese[/name] and [name]Collins[/name] are both very good choices. I think [name]Collins[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] has a very nice ring to it when spoken aloud. It also feels unique and familiar at the same time.